Bad situation

chancewrght

Okay let's start off by saying I am 24 with 2 jobs and I'm in the army reserve. I work anywhere from 60 hours to 100 hours a week. My girlfriend is a full time student. We first met a year ago and she was pregnant. When her child was born I was there and have been there ever since. She is a psychology major and is very independent. I work a lot so she can stay at home with our daughter. One job I have a lot of down time and when I try to text her she rarely texts with me. She says she doesn't want to be attached to her phone like me. And also we have had sex 4 times in 22 weeks. I make all the money I buy flowers randomly and take care of my daughter when I get home so she can study. I try to be sweet and funny but when we get in bed she doesn't like me touching her so I can't be intimate and then when I bring it up she says I need to try and be more sensitive. Every time there is a problem in our relationship it is always me that has to change. How can I get her to change and help out in the relationship. I'm doing so much that I almost don't care but I love her to much

O And also we have had sex 4 times in 22 weeks. I make all the money I buy flowers randomly and take care of my daughter when I get home so she can study. I try to be sweet and funny but when we get in bed she doesn't like me touching her so I can't be intimate and then when I bring it up she says I need to try and be more sensitive. Every time there is a problem in our relationship it is always me that has to change. How can I get her to change and help out in the relationship. I'm doing so much that I almost don't care but I love her to much

You can't change anyone. But it is not clear to me what you want from her other than sex.

I personally would have a problem with someone who works that much. How can you have time for each other? Maybe she can work part-time so you don't have to work as much. That way you can have some date nights ... which is more conducive to physical intimacy moreso than just hopping into bed after a long day and hoping to get some.

It sounds like you all coexist in two separate worlds. She devotes all her time to her studies and you all your time to your work. I don't know what is keeping you together save for free rent and board I would not say it is for reasons of love but convenience...that is you may stay for love but for her it's more about convenience.

Archived