What to Do?

an32

Long story short, I met a wonderful man 4 years ago. The timing was never right for us. As he moved from where I was to Colorado, and now he lives in North Dakota (7 hours from where I am) A year ago today he took me to dinner and told me he was finally ready for us to be together. After being wonderful friends for 3 years. So we began dating. Spending time together here, there. Etc. He finally introduced me to his entire family, began talking about buying me a ring, when I'd move to be with him etc.

His business got busy, and things began to fall apart. I lost my job and surprised him for a visit. Told him that now would be a great time (it was only a couple months earlier than the original move date) and that if he didn't want to move in together now, I could simply find a place in the area. He asked for a week and I gave that to him. I never heard from him after his timeline until weeks after.

We ended up breaking up, but he said he wanted to work things out, and that I was the one for him. Just right now wasn't the time. I haven't heard from him since. Until yesterday when he sent me a simple Merry Christmas Text. I responded and that was it. He's still in town. I'm not sure what to do. I have tried calling in the past and he won't respond, answer etc. I had asked at one time how its easy for him to not respond and simply put it's he's too busy.

I love this man to death. He knows it. And it was a huge step for him to introduce me to his family and friends after knowing me for so long. His mother currently has a family photo with me in it hanging in her house. I speak to her once in awhile along with his sisters through facebook.

I'm not sure what to do here. Do I just give up? Or do I simply wait and see what happens. I know this man decently well its just the way he is right now doesn't make any sense.

Pushing up the timeline because you lost your job was a huge misstep. It put way too much pressure on a foundling relationship and I suspect he wanted his business/financial house in order before the ring. He knows bow you feel and how to reach you.

I wouldn't wait on him.

That's helpful. However, it wasn't like I said this is how its going to go. He knew I lost my job before going out their. And I simply said if the plan is for me to move in a couple months, then should I be looking for jobs here? Or their? As I'd already been looking out there but he had made it clear I didn't have to worry about it. Just wasn't sure the logistics of everything.

But seriously, thank you! Your right. He does know how I feel and how to reach me. Its what I needed to hear as I sit wondering if I should try contacting him. Thank you!

He was excited to see me. So it wasn't horrible. And he knew I had lost my job before I went for my "surprise" visit. So it wasn't like I had bags packed and said "Babe, here I am." He didn't want me to leave. But it was after I left it was like stuff got real and he backed off....

Archived