Do you believe someone can come in your life and make you forget your ex?

I've always been a firm believer in "the one" and true love. Yes my name even says it, I'm a hopeless romantic. And today I was thinking about a scenario that probably has happened to people.

So do you think:

That you can be sad over an ex and someone can come along (even way early on when you're very upset) and it can click and you will realize that this new person is the one?

I know people say you need to heal first and love yourself again but I do think that it's possible..

Thoughts ?

That you can be sad over an ex and someone can come along (even way early on when you're very upset) and it can click and you will realize that this new person is the one?

I don't think that you can "realize" right away. That true realization (not rebound) might come over time when you have a new relationship that is better and then you realize, "actually, yeah, ex and I weren't very suited for each other in X, Y, and Z ways, whereas I am suited for my current partner much better."

It's a nice idea. I don't know if you really can. To have so much pain lifted by someone that is perfect for you and really cares wold be amazing. But would you trust it yourself? I personally wouldn't. Or would be scared to.

I often joke though that one day (if I want it) I shall see a shadow in the distance. As it get's closer, it turns out to be a muscular bearded man with a pizza in one hand and a cute dog in the other. And...his shirt is moving?.... Oh! It's because he is using his manly manly body to warm a litter of kittens. And he shall look at me and say "J, let us eat pizza, cuddle and watch movies whilst playing with these cute animals"

I doubt it but that would be nice hehe

Im in this situation right now. My ex dumped me and after a month i met someone new. He is very patient with me. He knows i have just broken up and he is actually helping me deal with my ex being a jerk to me.

What do i feel? I dont have feelings anymore for my ex as he has been really spiteful, vindictive and cruel to me. What i feel is hurt for what he has become and his treatment of me. But it's not that painful anymore cause i know i have this new guy who likes me a lot and i he is much better than my ex. Way better than my ex.

Im happy now with the new guy cause he always makes me smile and i have butterflies in my stomach when im with him. Im just blessed that after the breakup, i found a guy who is waaayy better than my ex and who is very patient and understands i am still healing and is willing to wait. I am actually healed now and i am starting to let myself fall for the new guy.

1st date with the new guy, i wasnt myself completely. Every little things reminds me of my ex. He noticed it too but he said he understands it and he wants to replace those ex memories with our new memories. The new guy didnt make me forget my ex, it's myself that pushes my ex's memory away from my head because i dont want to think about him. Whenever an ex's thought creeps up on me, i immediately replace it with the face of the new guy.

I think often people come into our lives to help us let go of other people. So yes, this can happen in terms of getting over an ex. But I don't believe in "the one." I've had several men in my life I thought were "the one." Sometimes the new person might simply help you get over an ex, and sometimes the new person might lead you to a great, long-lasting relationship. I think the best thing is to focus on getting over the ex, because you can't truly be open to a new person if you're still hooked on an ex.

I'm not sure ive never experienced this yet because this is my first break up. But I would think when you finally do open your heart to someone new that they will change you make you want to think only of them and not of the past. This is not to say that you won't think about your ex. But the memories will be just that, memories from some time ago.

Well it happened to my ex,i changed towards the end because i was unsure of what i wanted and she said we needed to talk,and said what should we do and she kept saying we're different people. So i suggested taking a break and seeing if we like things or not, a few days later i realize i'm crazy about her and tell her sorry and all that she said it's too soon. 2 weeks later she ends it for good. A week later she starts seeing this guy and now they're together,and i'm hurting like hell and she's really happy

I think because when we are in a loving relationship, the thought of the other seems absurd. When it ends, we find it hard to break this line of thought especially when it is coupled with abandonment and rejection. the dumpers have no trouble seeing themselves happy in future relationships. So it is your choice in the end

I think there is no the one or anything like that. We just form special connections with people which we are compatible with. So there is a great probability, there will be the other one who you will be able to connect with. You just need to heal first and then seek out that new special relationship.

Well it happened to my ex,i changed towards the end because i was unsure of what i wanted and she said we needed to talk,and said what should we do and she kept saying we're different people. So i suggested taking a break and seeing if we like things or not, a few days later i realize i'm crazy about her and tell her sorry and all that she said it's too soon. 2 weeks later she ends it for good. A week later she starts seeing this guy and now they're together,and i'm hurting like hell and she's really happy

I'm right there with you dude, pretty much the same thing happened to me and the guy and his friends almost beat me up one night. 3 guys who are wrestlers vs. 5'6'' 165 pound me and yet she had no remorse that that was going to happen. It's terrible, uncalled for and unfair but here's a bro-hug man, I feel your pain.

I don't believe in "The One"... I believe in MANY "Ones", meaning, there are many people out there who you can fall in love with and be compatible, and 'feel' like they are the one.

With that being said, I've been notorious in the past for rebounding and hiding away the feelings and emotions that come with a failed relationship. Can someone take the pain away? Yes, but its putting a band-aid on the wound instead of letting it heal again.

I train in Krav Maga (MMA-type stuff), and the best analogy I can give you is this: When you're training and punching a partner, a punching bag, whatever, you can cut and bruise your knuckles... yes, the pain is there and you can put on a band-aid and continue to punch... it will be numb and you won't feel it, but the wound won't heal. Only time and NOT punching will heal the wound completely so you can once again punch at your FULL potential...

Archived