Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Europe in 2 days! Recommend a great NYE city! And also any tips :)

BigKK

Hey, so I just pulled the trigger on a ticket, and found a cheap one for Thursday... I'm outttttaaa here for 5 weeks to be exact. I fly in and out of Warsaw, and want to visit Berlin. Besides that I have fairly open plans, I've traveled much of Europe, but only in the summer.

I want to do a big NYE party perhaps Berlin, London or Budapest?

Also, does anyone have any experience of skiing in the Alps? I'm thinking of Switzerland...but man some of those prices are expensive! BUT it'd be awesome to ski in the alps!

Also where do I look for European girls, to wife up and take home? kidding...!

but really, where

Excited!

Wow, congrats! 5 weeks in Europe is AMAZING!

Alps are gorgeous! If you don't go skiing there, at least LOOK at them) Munich is a fairy tale on Christmas. So is Nürnberg! They both have several amazing "christkindlmarkts" where you can shop for hand-made stuff from soaps to coats to home decor and jewelry. And you can eat there too! Also, if you visit Munich, all of its museums are 1 EUR only on Sunday. Pinakothek der moderne is a must-see!

I hope you have Prague on your list as well.

Good luck!

For skiing, try Chamonix (extremely pretty and french, so hopefully cheaper than switzerland) and/or Annemasse (not as touristy as some ski places, but very close to geneva, so you can get some swiss sight-seeing in also very easily)

Les Rousses is another french skiing resort, extremely beautiful. Wish I could remember the name of the most amazing chinese restaurant I went to a few years ago there.....

For NYE, I'm a bit biased but I'd recommend London (of course), on the westminster bank of the thames, with a good view of the London Eye for the midnight fireworks

whatever you decide to do - hope you have an amazing time!

If you like some of the older type historical stuff and scenery, try for something coastal Scotland or even Wales.

Something like this caught my eye:

link removed

I used to live in Scotland (Edinburgh) and even as a kid got a real kick out of some of the older stuff - the castles, walk up Arthur's Seat, and of course, the stone circles, not limited to Stonehenge. If you can deal with the chill and damp, some of it is very hmm, trying to think of a good word - some of it FEELS old, like going back in time.

Archived