I got to meet this girl in college early this year.She liked me a lot.I was a bit slow I must admit because she made the first move by asking for my name and making a semi date with me.

It went on well for the next two weeks.we flirted a lot and we finally started going out.There was one major limiting fuctor though, she was a saved christian and I wasn't.

due to this she decided to break it up with me,but she claims to still like me. I still like her a lot too and I want her back.We send each other friendly emails and sms'.what should I do?I fear see her go with another guy.

Religion will always break a relationship, unless you are willing to join her church or you guys are willing to think of a way to make it work. She is gone forever. You may always have her as a friend but as a Lover no. Which sucks more then anyone will ever know.

Two things:

Religion does not always break up a relationship, people do. (People are not religion. People are not God. And God is not a religion, religion is not God (of course). It is a very difficult thing to just say that religion always breaks up a relationship. I'm sorry, Babes, but your perspective is very limited. Its like watching a sport and blaming the ENTIRE game on a few bad calls by the referees.)

Do you want something that she cannot give to you now or in the future? (like sex or deep intamicy that she isn't sure she can give...)

Obviously, "doing the right thing" is something that she values as a saved Christian or else she would not have put her faith before you. You must realize that faith and religion are two different things. Our emotions can lead us to do things that aren't the best for us quite often and in this case, you have to look into her best interest instead of yours. Sure, if you feel strongly about this girl, then I could see why you could go so far to not lose her. But who's best interest are you looking at?

I think that you need to ask yourself:

What is Love?

Then, we can go from there. Hope this helps.

ps. Religion is not a bad thing. It is the things that people do that are bad at times.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm religion is always a sensitive topic and can make or break relationships.

My best advice is to try and find out exactly how she feels - is it really that important to her?

More to the point IS SHE really that important to you? - If she is then why not volunteer to temporarily try out her religion for a while - go to her church a few times with her etc. If she's not that important then forget it and let it go.

How to define important

You cannot stop thinking about her and how things COULD have worked out. No matter how you try to avoid thinking about it you still find yourself drawn to thinking about the situation.

If you still find yourself drawn to thinking about her then what can I say except you've got it real bad. Perhaps you really should consider doing something about it. If she means that much to you then nothing should stand in your way should it?

I know if I felt that emotional towards a woman and I felt that I could spend a good few years/decades with her I would definitely consider changing religion for her. Heck, I would even leave my own country if I had to.

Yes it can. Jesus is how you can be saved. Go to church with her, keep your mind open. Enjoy the environment and time spent with her. You only have to believe one simple truth, jesus is the way to heaven. Think about maybe she is your heaven on earth trying to lead you to eternal life in heaven. Christianity for me means two things faith and love. Faith is believing even though you have not seen for yourself. Love, very simple, a happy life comes from loving and being loved. A simple christian church, is simple. There is no pressure involved. They just lay out the facts as they know them and you take from it what you can. I believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose again. My heart says I'm right. Yours might too.