Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Conceive, Believe, Achieve- My Journal to a Healthy Relationship

IAmFCA

It is one after the other, one experience after another, one conversation after another, just one wow after another. This has to end, this one day after another sensation of Wows piling up. It has to. Maybe it doesn't have to, maybe it doesn't.

I don't know. It just is a pile of Wows.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this was my journal to a healthy relationship.... have i arrived?

oh my goodness, i just realized the title and the nature of my posts. The way he comfortably discusses things, finds joy, shares pain, always steady. the way he said "Can I do that with you?" cautious not to overstep and enthusiastic about the goal, wanting to share with me the challenge of doing a tri for my birthday, almost a year from now. There is no irony or fear or doubt or even acknowledgement that we are discussing something so long into the future, it just is something we would enjoy accomplishing together knowing that it would still be an individual accomplishment too.

It would appear I have arrived. I am resetting my vision and resetting my normal.

This is the skill I have learned in recent years: To succeed, be flexible about resetting the definition of normal. It is time to reset.

Wow.

PS

Went back to check: started in October 2013. A year of learning journey, to this. What a difference a year makes. Always with the wow, over and over. I hope I can find wows a year, two years from now.

My new normal: Be the Wow.

Archived