Girl rejected my kiss.. Don't know what happened..

Superus

I have been "friends" with this girl for a year but it just never went any further. We both already said we were attracted to each other but she wanted to remain friends "for now" that was a year ago when she said that. I stopped contact and she keeps keeping contact with me. Inviting me to her Bday party and all these other things. She would text me saying she misses me a lot, asks me where i'm at cuz she wants to hug me etc.

Just recently (summer) i got tired of her and basically said if she didn't want to see me or text me to stop keeping contact with me. And she quickly wanted to make things better and said sorry and told me she will do better with her scheduling etc.

--------

Story

--------

She texts me yesterday asking me if i was in class. i said yes and she wanted to know what building i was at etc. I knew she didn't know where the building was at, i didn't expect her to come by. I was right. Later during in between classes, i saw her walk by with her friends and we made eye contact. she quickly ditched them for me and gave me a big hug. she walked me to class, when we approached my class i decided to hangout for a little bit.

she was telling me her day and that she's tired from all the exams. she started getting closer and i reached out and i held her and she rested her head on my chest while her arm was around me (i was rubbing her back). she stood there for a couple seconds. then she let off and for a couple second she started talking and we got close and did it again. i held her and this time when we broke off we started holding hands while she was talking (Intertwined). This is ALL new to me i never held her had or we never displayed this time of affection before. I actually started to feel closer to her. Then i had to go to class and she hug me again and i went for it and she gave me the cheek. she kept saying "what are you trying to do hmm? what are you doing?" she was saying it in a soft tone like as if she didn't mean it. because while she was saying it she was still hugging me. then finally i said "one kiss before i go" and she said just the cheek. and i gave it to her and we parted ways.

i haven't texted her and she hasn't text me back since the incident. (1 day)

I felt bad afterwards. i thought we liked each other? do you think she's interested?

I think she's interested, but you're moving a bit too fast. I don't kiss guys on the first date - and you two aren't even dating yet! Next time you hang out, see if she does the same hand holding/hugging/closeness. If she does, ask her on a proper date. "I know you're super stressed from exams. Wanna go to the movies and get your mind off things?" Don't try to kiss her again until you are on a real date, or unless she tries to kiss you first. It sounds like she likes you but she doesn't want to move too fast.

If she does the hugging/hand holding but says no to your date offer, then move on. She might be one of those girls who likes to flirt but wants nothing to come of it. Make your move, ask her out. That's the only way you'll know if she's really interested.

Good luck!

Way too fast!

I think that's all it means.

She sees you, ditches her friends, and you're swooping in for the kiss. Sounds like there wasn't enough romance built up.

Remember all the wishy washy BS you went through already, and contemplate if this is something you want to get into! Or perhaps I read it wrong. Although maybe she had her reasons.

What's up with exams in September? Weird.

Anyways... I think she could be interested... but I also think that she likes attention. I mean - she was all fine with friends until you threatened to cut her off? She could also be giving you extra breadcrumbs to keep you hanging on a bit longer...

I agree. Time to ask her on a date.

Some girls have rejected my advances, if you can read them, then you can understand that they rejected you due to some personal code they follow over them just not wanting to kiss you. Them turning red (shy), apologizing or using an excuse that still holds a door open for another kiss in the future, etc. My ex said no when i told her i was going for a kiss, she moved out the way and i almost kissed the wall. We laughed, then i asked an hour later if i can kiss her now since she made a bet that i wouldnt dance to a song, and then we kissed.

Dont take a no to a kiss as her not being interested. Her breath could smell, or she is bad at kissing, etc. You analyze all body language, words said, everything to create a picture, not just a no.

Some girls have rejected my advances, if you can read them, then you can understand that they rejected you due to some personal code they follow over them just not wanting to kiss you. Them turning red (shy), apologizing or using an excuse that still holds a door open for another kiss in the future, etc. My ex said no when i told her i was going for a kiss, she moved out the way and i almost kissed the wall. We laughed, then i asked an hour later if i can kiss her now since she made a bet that i wouldnt dance to a song, and then we kissed.

Dont take a no to a kiss as her not being interested. Her breath could smell, or she is bad at kissing, etc. You analyze all body language, words said, everything to create a picture, not just a no.

Good reply, I just feel that the kiss is the ultimate tell tale sign at least for me. I know it's not though if i'm going to be looking at the bigger picture. If you would have seen us in the hallway (college) with her head on my chest and i'm holding her rubbing her back or talking while holding hands you would assume we were dating. when i was Going in for the kiss, she had the perfect excuse to say "i have a boyfriend, or I'm seeing someone" but she didn't say neither.

I might text her tomorrow but i'm kind of waiting for her to text me.

You had the courage to go for a kiss, whats stopping you from trying again? And if she pulls away ask her, "do you not want to kiss me?" No, its not elegant and smooth, but who cares. Get your answers, save yourself time.

Just dont do it in public, and dont dive right in. Get close, look at her lips for a while, read her body language to see if shes pulling away still.

Archived