The random email that I never thought I would get (at least not so soon).

A year and change after a horrible and devastating break-up and subsequent months of contact vs no contact and torture......my ex decides to email me late last night to inform me that she's getting married to the guy she's been dating for the past 6 months. I mean, we don't even speak anymore. I can't say I'm saddened by the news nor am I angry. I simply cannot make heads or tails of it. Why inform me of this? We have had no communication for months. It stirred some awkward feelings in the pit of my stomach and I just had to come on here to ENA to vent it out.

I wish her the best. I sure hope she's making the best decision possible for herself and her little girl. It seems like everything she does in her life is so impulsive.

I replied by wishing her the best with that decision and now I'm thinking of writing her one more email to kindly ask her to refrain from any communication with me henceforth. That is a chapter in my life that has been very hard to close and I want it to remained closed as I write new chapters in my story. I hope she can respect this wish.

Thank you for hearing (reading) me out.

the "best case scenario" is that she wanted the information to come from her and not from a mutual friend. the worst case scenario is that she is a horrible person who didn't think you suffered just enough over the breakup, and she wanted to twist the knife in a bit deeper.

i think it would be ok to block her. you don't need to write to her again.

Agreed. You have had your final communication TO her.

If she sends any other email or text, simply delete.

As you said, she is impulsive. She is engaged....and she either wanted you to know, or wanted to provoke a reaction.

Back to the healing.

Don't bother responding. You already wished her well, now ignore her and move on.

Time usually reveals everything. Be patient and you will see her impulsive behavior back fire on her.

However, under no cicumstances must you contact her. For your own sanity, move on and don't play into her game.

We have no mutual friends anymore but even if we did, I don't understand that whole bit about "she wanted you to hear it from her". In fact, she did include that in her email. But even coming from here I can't find the logic in it. There is NO ONE I could have possibly heard it from and furthermore....what does she care how, when, where and why I found out if it ever came to that?

I've been getting that from a lot of people and I just don't understand that concept all too well.

Would someone care to elaborate a bit on it?

By the way...thank you all for these kind and wise words. It's all very supportive.

Archived