Need advice urgently... please, please help me.

Weeks ago, I was getting ready for work and I happened to notice my sister's hair in the sink, the side I normally use. I began to worry about how much hair I might be losing, and whether I'd go bald in the future. This was debilitating for me as I began to count hairs in the sink and on the pillowcase. No one in my family that I am aware of has gone bald, but I don't want to be the first. For a while, I did very poorly in terms of washing my hair and would show up to work and outside the house with damp hair as I didn't wash out the shampoo or towel dry.. was scared to death of losing hair. Since then, I have had a haircut and since that day my scalp has been itching and on fire. I wonder if this is stress-induced or because my scalp is infected due to product buildup.

I need advice on what I should do to kick the worry about my hair. I count quite a few hairs but I also know that this was probably going on before and that everyone normally sheds. I show no signs of thinning or losing YET but I'm scared and worry whether it'll happen.. I don't know whether the scalp sensation is mental.. is it possible???? Don't know how to get rid of it, either, and that worries me more.

I know this will pass regardless, but I don't know how to get it off my mind and I would greatly appreciate advice.

Shave your head.

You won't have to use much product, you won't see hairs falling out and you will be psychologically prepared if you were to go bald (if it's not in your family that's very unlikely).

Even if it's just for a bit until you get over these thoughts - shave it.

No, he has decent hair at 67 and my father has his as well, but I know there are always exceptions to every rule and I am scared.

Capricorn, I've been doing better at rinsing for almost a week, and yet still it happens. But only periodically throughout the day, especially hits me when I think about it. I think stress is the reason, but I can't be sure. I know it's vain and there's nothing wrong or hideous about baldness by itself, but I would lose any remote level of attractiveness and sense of identity. I already hate the way I look.

^^^ exactly. Most shampoos are straight detergent, so that will be making your scalp so sore & itchy.

I have a feeling that nothing will stop you going bald if you are pre determined to be bald. That being said, I think bald men are very sexy, and so do a lot of women.

how ridiculous. you would not lose your identity by going bald. some bald men are super hot! i like a shaved head on a man. it's sexy.

sounds like you have nothing to worry about anyway. (except overly stressing out unnecessarily and no skills at washing your hair probably)

Capricorn, I've been doing better at rinsing for almost a week, and yet still it happens..

If you have not been rinsing for a longer period of time, then I'm afraid the damage is already done. Not rinsing out shampoo can be pretty toxic for your scalp. No wonder the hair is falling out (IF it is excessive). How long have you been doing this (not rinsing)?

Just a couple of weeks, and it's not that I would leave it all in, it's just that I wouldn't do as well as I should because it would still be damp. Not suds though.

As for hair loss, I think it's the same as it probably has been before. It's not clumping out and I don't think it's extreme.. we do supposedly lose hundred or so hairs a day naturally, but It's the meticulous awareness of the whole thing that I can't shake.

Just a couple of weeks, and it's not that I would leave it all in, it's just that I wouldn't do as well as I should because it would still be damp. Not suds though.

As for hair loss, I think it's the same as it probably has been before. It's not clumping out and I don't think it's extreme.. we do supposedly lose hundred or so hairs a day naturally,.

In that case then I think you are way over reacting and being just a little paranoid. Take a deep breath. Go jogging, or join a gym etc. Nothing wrong with your hair.

I am a woman. It happened to me a few months ago as well. I was losing more hair than usual, I then changed my shampoo. I started to use organic shampoo, and I also use different brand at each wash. It is said in this way, the built up on your scalp can be cleared up, and once your scalp returns healthy status, your severe hair loss will stop. My hair loss (more than normal) has much improved, and is normal now. I think it's because I changed to use organic shampoos. I suggest OP can try some organic shampoos.

link removed

Archived