If you've ever walked away from a Relationship.. do you miss the Ex over time?

SooSad33

It's a grey, gloomy day- exactly how I feel..again

I'm curious about those that chose to 'move on', thinking they're feelings had changed and no longer felt for their partner anymore.

Even If they had another one lined up (person,date,relation)., did they end up having moments or days they'd feel really down or alone and actually 'miss' their Ex?

Do they end up thinking about old times and get a little emotional?

Do they ever feel like they'd like to reach out and call their ex and talk again?

OR is it all just from this end, where we feel this empty, alone and lost?

He was in my life for 5 years. This really hurts!!

It's been a messy cpl of months and I just wonder... if he thinks of me like i think of him, whether

someone else is in the picture now.. or not.

It depends a lot on why they walked away. I have had people leave me and missed me 1-2 years later but at the time they thought they were better off without me. When I have been the dumper I had good reasons to pull the plug and have never wanted them back.

If you walk because somebody is making you unhappy or into the arms of somebody else, then you aren't going to feel the same as if you go back to an empty house etc

Have you ever had an argument with someone and felt really really angry at that moment? But after some time, that angry feeling just disappears and you even forget why you were angry? Perhaps its because the situation has already settled and you are no longer angry. So this time, all you remember are the good things.

yes i usually do miss an ex, specially if it is new BU. yes, i believe they do think of us and would resurface at one point.

however, we need to get our act together too. i get sick of missing someone knowing they are not coming back, and have my life pass me by.

you can make it. if alone you are right now, like i am, make the most out of it. there is joy in being single really. some people just do not see it...

Yes, whenever I have broken up with someone, I have missed them and thought about them at some point. How can you not? You spent a lot of time together, they were an integral part of your life and there were obviously some good times or you would not have been together that long. Something is always bound to come up to think of that person fondly for a brief moment - a song, a movie, an inside joke you had, something.

BUT

Missing someone is not the same as wanting to get back together with someone. You can miss someone but know they are not the right one for you. So you can have those feelings and put them aside... because you recognize that it's not healthy to dwell on something that will ultimately make you unhappy.

No relationship is 100% good or 100% bad. But when the bad outweighs the good, it's time to go. That doesn't make the good disappear. It just makes it less important.

I think he miss you from time to time. My sister in-law was with my brother for 8 years. They met in the army. They are no longer together. She still talks to me. She finally open up and talk to him after 6 months. He is moving on though with a new girlfriend. They broke up September of last year. It was a very rough break up believe me. She found a new guy right away but is no longer with him. She tells me that sometime when she drive down the same road she remember the good times they use to have. He would always pick her up from work and they have dinner. She misses him and want him back but also acknowledges that he needs to change.

I think about the exes I left all the time. Maybe it's different for guys who break up with girls, but my exes played such a huge role in my life for so long that they're part of almost all of my memories from the past several years. I even think of the guys I broke up with after only dating for a couple of months, too. And I am definitely pondering getting back together with the ex from before my most recent relationship. So you never know what your ex is thinking. I bet our exes think about us more than we think.

I/am still/was asking this one myself. She broke up with me. I think about her. But don't know if she thinks about me. Breakup was fairly fresh, just this 21st of june. Makes me sick just thinking about the good memories when she's thinking about nothing or just the bad memories that doesn't even compare to the good ones. But oh well....that's life. Gotta accept the fact that it's over and that it's pointless over-thinking if they're also thinking about us.

I'm just wondering IF, although he may be off with another 'interest', with the time we spent together, I'd hope he has some feelings and memories.

This is how I dont understand how some can move on so darn fast? I know, often they DO feel a lot and are hurting but it's just hard to believe, when we're here, aching so badly & broken!

Archived