Does he have a substance abuse issue?

Ladytmt

I think a guy i was attracted to has a problem and will not recognize it as such. We went out on what i thought would be a dare but we sat at the bar. He didn't order any food just several (maybe 10-15) vodka/tonics and about 4 shots of patron, the tab was really high. In between his drinks he kept getting up to go outside and smoke. After this he then asked me to take him to a gas station for mor cigarettes but he came out with a 4 loko and he drunk this on top of what he had just had at the bar. I googled the 4 loko because i did not know what it was and it pretty much is liquid cocaine as it has the same affect as a small hit of cocaine. After he drunk this i got really scared he went to sleep, but an hour later woke up and was sleepwalking and he urinated on my carpet. He went back to sleep and was snoring terribly and his heart was racing!!! This whole thing was scary for me. This sounds like more than a social drinker and i think he may be an alcoholic and possibly abuses other substànces that i don't know of. Are these the signs of substance abuse? He also got waived from playing pro football and i really think it was due to these type of substance issues but he won't talk about it.

When a guy drinks himself into oblivion topped off by a cocaine hit, passes out, wakes up and pees on your carpet, yes, he has some SERIOUS alcohol and drug issues and you need to forget about him, don't even give him a second thought. They aren't "signs of", they ARE substance abuse. Save yourself a ton of grief and walk away, NOW.

Doesn't bother you at all that he treated YOU this way on your date? You had to "take him" to a gas station for cigs? And then you took him to your home? And he peed on the carpet. Do you not see this guy as a total loser? Don't worry about what to call it, social drinking, alcoholism, substance abuse, blah blah blah, whatever. He's a loser, and you're not going to be able to "save" him. Just walk away, please.

I agree with u, i guess i just can't believe i witnessed something like this. I didn't want him to drive at all, he lives like 100 miles from me and there was no way he should get behind a wheel so i let him come back to my place to sleep it off, but the sleepwalking and everything made me a nervous wreck in my own house which is not acceptable Thanks for the advice, i really needed it.

10-15 is by no means several!

His behavior is so embarrassing. I would be so ashamed if I behaved that way out on a date with someone.

I agree that I wouldn't worry about what to label his drinking, but just get out of there. He drank like a fish, you had to cart him around like a taxi driver, he peed on your carpet(!), and you had to take him home so he didn't hurt himself or someone else out there on the road. How shamingly irresponsible, to live 100 miles away and just basically count on someone else to keep you safe.

Get rid of him now.

10-15 is by no means several!

His behavior is so embarrassing. I would be so ashamed if I behaved that way out on a date with someone.

I agree that I wouldn't worry about what to label his drinking, but just get out of there. He drank like a fish, you had to cart him around like a taxi driver, he peed on your carpet(!), and you had to take him home so he didn't hurt himself or someone else out there on the road. How shamingly irresponsible, to live 100 miles away and just basically count on someone else to keep you safe.

Get rid of him now.

Yeah he's gone. He blocked my number when i told him he peed on my floor!! But it was so scary for someone's heart to beat that fast while they are sleeping... All from alcohol and god knows what else he took or consumed before he got here.

Yeah he's gone. He blocked my number when i told him he peed on my floor!! But it was so scary for someone's heart to beat that fast while they are sleeping... All from alcohol and god knows what else he took or consumed before he got here.

what if he died at our house , stay away from this guy

what if he died at our house , stay away from this guy

Yeah, exactly. It.'s really sad especially since he had a shot at pro football and he chose to be a drunk. I mean why do people do that? Become alcoholics and in this case he was drinking liquid cocaine, seems immature or maybe he's doing that to block out something bad in his life.

Dude def has issues

PSoff topic: 4 loko arent even that bad anymore..they took out all the caffeine ...pretty much just malt liquor now.

Well caffeine or not i still say it made him sleepwalk and urinate on my carpet!

i think that was alll the drinking together

Yes, i agree. Really sad! Im not sure why it bothers me do much that he blocked my number. I probably should be happy. I mean if i peed on someone's carpet i'm sure they would make me aware of it. Smh! I'm tired if trying to figure this out. Pointless anyway.

So, is it wall-to-wall carpet that you have to rip out, or was it just an area rug you can wash or throw out? If it starts to smell, there's a great product called Nature's Miracle that they sell for pet stains & odors. It will neutralize the ammonia smell if one happens.

Don't feel bad. Maybe this event will make him realize what a destructive path he's gone down, his "rock bottom" that addicts have to hit before they get help, so you can say at least something good came of it.

I did want to make a correction in my first post in here, #2: I meant to say cocaine-like, I knew it wasn't really cocaine. My brain was thinking it, but apparently my fingers couldn't keep up

So, is it wall-to-wall carpet that you have to rip out, or was it just an area rug you can wash or throw out? If it starts to smell, there's a great product called Nature's Miracle that they sell for pet stains & odors. It will neutralize the ammonia smell if one happens.

Don't feel bad. Maybe this event will make him realize what a destructive path he's gone down, his "rock bottom" that addicts have to hit before they get help, so you can say at least something good came of it.

I did want to make a correction in my first post in here, #2: I meant to say cocaine-like, I knew it wasn't really cocaine. My brain was thinking it, but apparently my fingers couldn't keep up

It was just one area he stood in and peed, so i just got my carpet cleaner out and made it realky sudsy and went over it a few times. I'm trying not to feel bad but blocking me was childish. In a sense i feel sorry for him, maybe his drinking is because of his dad not being in his life. I mean he had the opportunity to play pro football and i guess he drunk it away. Sad.

He should feel bad, not you. How long have you known this man?

Getting trashed and peeing on someone's carpet doesn't exactly coincide with mature, reasonable adult behavior, so I wouldn't expect him to do little more than exactly what he did, which is just fall off the radar. Perhaps he is embarrassed and recognized he burned that bridge.

Exactly, but i don't think he deserves to be called a man...i wonder if he even allows himself to feel anything with all the alcohol he consumes! I've known him for about a year and i found out also that he lives with his mom!! Very immature on his part; maybe i'm to sensitive because i really shouldnt care that he blocked me...

Archived