I'm going to the hospital.

I recently posted about my alcohol problem. Well, things finally came to a head. I got drunk last night, I woke up drunk, my mom and my sister were awake (getting ready for work and school). Well, stuff happened, I tried to kill myself, and now I think my parents are going to finally let me get help. I've been wanting to go to the hospital and I've told my parents about it several times in the past but they still wouldn't let me go. I hope I finally get the help I need. This is killing me....

So, if you guys don't see me around for a while you know where I am. Wish me luck.

Great to hear Empathy! It will be a long, difficult road...but you HAVE done the hardest thing - seeking help and admitting you have a problem.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are not strong for going through this, and I hope you give your all to your recovery and treatment. Please let us know how it goes.

Best of luck to you, we are all thinking of you here at enotalone, because as you know...you are not alone!

good luck good luck!

bf told me when I asked him how he can just stay off alchohol now and not be an alchoholic. (He used to be an alchoholic to the point that he'll wake up, drink, eat, drink, drink, drink, drink, sleep, wake, drink... you get the pattern.) He said you never become "normal" or "not addicted," you just become "sober." He says even after you come out of the hospital you'll always have the urge to drink. What's really important is to set limits for yourself, resist the urge to drink more, and stick to it.

Now he doesn't drink more than 2 cans a day... except one time he went all out and.. eh.. but yeah, the point is, I'm sure you can do it! Just remember to control yourself afterwards so you don't start the pattern again.

I'm really proud of you for wanting to get help, I'm sure we all are. Its a huge step and it takes a strong person to realize and accept that they have a problem and then actually put effort into getting help.

I hope everything goes well for you. Just remember that it probably will be hard, so don't give up if you think that your doing something wrong. Its not easy for anyone, but you can do it. We all know you can. We will be looking forward to hearing from you when you get back!

I am so glad you are going to get the help that you need. I think your parents will become even more supportive as they get the opportunity to learn more about the unique challenges you face. Good luck and God bless. We look forward to hearing from you. Come here when you get back and anytime you need to vent after. You clearly want this and that bodes well for your future because you will work for your life and health.