Do I move on from her?

stayClimbing

Hello. I'm a 22 year old male, college graduate, unemployed, living at home (for the time being). I was seeing a 26 year old, graduate degree, for about a month. I've dated plenty of girls, but I've never for whatever reason felt as attached to them. I'm more of a run and gun type of person, but something about this lady kind of stuck to me. I recently went through a process of discovering myself, hobbies, etc and strangely this girl really stood out the most.

Anyway, I got back from a trip and she said I was moving too fast for her and was rushing things and taking it too seriously. We have had extremely minimal contact since this date. The last I messaged her, she said she is too busy to hang out and do anything. As much as I try to tune her out and whatnot, as I mentioned the hobbies are so similar, anytime I do something I like (such as climbing) I think of her and get sad. I have an eye procedure scheduled in one week. I was thinking of contacting her after my procedure and trying to get a drink date to "catch up" and see how she is doing.

Again, I don't know what to do. I've even been out with other girls on dates and I've just felt so disinterested in them and just not caring because my mind was fixated on this girl. I feel so strange sharing these thoughts, but I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy

Hi, I woke up today feeling really nervous. I'm not sure if I should text her this week or next week. My eye is more noticeable and I have to wait one week from today before my procedure; but I'm afraid that if too much time passes she'll lose interest. I think she may be upset because of I might have suggested we not see each other, I really don't remember. What I do know is I miss her and I don't know what to do! I had a date last night with this girl and I was so bored to death by her immaturity I just walked out on her. I know, rude but it just made me think of her so much more. Any advice from anybody???

I don't get that she has any interest, sorry to say. After your last date, when she told you you were moving too fast and she didn't have time....if she hasn't been in touch at all...I would say stop obsessing on her.

You might have suggested you not see each other? You did or you didn't....

And walking out on a date because you are bored?

How about focusing on you and your personal social skills before trying to date.

If you walked out on a date, I think you have some maturity issues to deal with.

I'll be honest with you. If she is 26 with a graduate degree, she would be wise to steer clear of a 22 year old guy who easily gets bored with girls and is just discovering himself. And no job to boot. (How do you afford to "go for a drink????")

Archived