I'm 44, Girlfirend 31..........we want to have a family.....

Luigi68

We have been together for 18 months, are both settled, jointly own house etc .....we want to start a family......I have two children aged 16 and 13 - we are set on what we want to do - any advice thoughts etc etc.......am aware of future care concerns but intend to liove a long life so dont entertain that thought...........

I am a young 44, in mind and body I suppose, still play football and not yet ventured into veterans league which can start at 35.... Feel like I have lots to offer and would love to go through it all again and hope I can - just interested in peoples views/experiences. Thanks for your post

Go for it--- but I would talk about getting married before having a little one. I would also make sure you are on the same page about your money habits, and the way you would raise the kids as far as faith and other issues before you have a little one. You guys may share a home but a little extra stress happens when a little one comes along and any area of incompatibility is amplified.

Thank you, thats good advice. We sorted the money side before we moved in and bought together and that has worked well so far, kind of team approach to the way we deal with it all. We aim to employ similar thinking and discussion to other aspects surrounding children etc. Many thanks

Archived