Very very very strange situation.....

RayKay

There is not too much advice you can give on this one, but still!

I have been talking to this one guy for a couple weeks, online and on the phone, and we were both looking forward to meeting one another. I had a great conversation with him Friday and we made plans to meet Saturday evening and had some ideas for what we would do.

So Saturday I called him around 6:30 when I got home to find out what time he was good to go at...and I got that "This customer is not available" message. Ooookay. Tried again later..nothing. Figured maybe he stood me up, but sent an email anyway just in case. Whatever.

Sunday night, I came home after being away all day, and tried calling again - same message. Started to get a little concerned since weird that his phone was totally off so no one could reach him, and on advice of a friend, I emailed him just to say I was a bit concerned about him and his family/loved ones and that I hoped he was okay.

Noticed today he had not signed onto his online profile either since Friday and usually he checks it everyday! Tried his phone again from work...SAME message (that operator one).

Now, I know he was looking forward to meeting me..and furthermore, seems an elaborate way to jilt someone! I don't have his last name, but have not seen anything about any major arrests/deaths over weekend here of anyone around his age or anything.

He works in film, so maybe he got called away on location? But, I mean Friday night we talked and everything was fine for next day!

I am just really concerned and don't care if he stood me up, just hope he is okay, and since I don't know his last name, there is really NOT much I can do to find out what is going on.

Leave it alone, he obviously doesnt want to be contacted. Calling multiple times and emailing him a couple times only makes you seem too concerned. There comes a point where you just have to let it go and you are at that point right now. Most likely you are reading too much into the situation, it is out of your control so let it be.

Hi Raykay,

I hope your friend is ok.

Just relax for now. Let him contact you. He may have a good reason for disappearing on you like that.

If he does this again then you have to ask yourself if it is worth all the hassle...but I hope that's not the case.

Leave it alone, he obviously doesnt want to be contacted. Calling multiple times and emailing him a couple times only makes you seem too concerned. There comes a point where you just have to let it go and you are at that point right now. Most likely you are reading too much into the situation, it is out of your control so let it be.

Well, I have only called him a total of three times (one each day)...but I just think it is odd the phone is entirely OFF (I mean not straight to voice mail off, but REALLY off!). If it is off, he can't tell who called anyway - as it is going straight to operator service, NOT to his phone

I have not emailed him since then, to let him know I was concerned - first email was just in case his phone was dead/out of range, as he ASKED me to contact him/email him that day to figure time out. So all he knows of (or does not know of is the emails - I sent them from an address that lets me know if they were read or not...and they have not been).

We were talking a lot before that day, and he was one that asked me out a couple times...so it is not like there was no interest I mean only 24 hours before he was very very interested. So it is very strange, whatever you say. Like I said, he has not even been on the dating site he usually logs into everyday so it IS strange.

• 2 weeks later...

I sincerely doubt anyone would deactivate their phone service to aviod contacting you, especially after expressing such interest in a face to face meeting. Furthermore, there are several causes that would deny someone access to the internet for a few days. It is odd however, that he hasn't called you. Since you've already sent emails I would relax and give the man the benifit of a doubt. You'll probably hear from him before long.