Career Crossroads . I am a little lost at the moment.

top bloke

So here goes folks. After so long I need some collective wisdom here. My business has slowly declined and a major client going bankrupt in recent months has put me on the back foot trying my best to pick up new business. It seems like an uphill battle and I am starting to struggle with my bills. I have been successful for 20 years but this lately has been really tough. I have been thinking of giving it everything I have got until the beginning of January as a deadline because I must be realistic. I need to pay my bills and live my life more dignified. In the meantime I have been going to night college and studying advertising marketing which I enjoy a lot. So who knows how that will pan out but its has helped me see how to improve my business and possibly get my foot in a new career. I guess I am writing for catharsis on my part as I never expected life to get me to this point. Truth is I did lose my focus for a while and got some counseling help but I have addressed those issues now so feel ready to go out and make it all happen again. As I write I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all because small business here has been a very expensive exercise in recent years and the government taxes and restrictions are leading a lot of businesses to the wall. The rewards are really not worth the effort some days.

Perhaps it is time to dust the cobwebs off and give it one last chance as best I can. If it fails I will be left with alot of wasted effort and debt. If it happens I will be able to live a decent life nothing special just living.

Maybe I just need some words of wisdom or stories from other people in my boat. Thanks for listening enotalone. This place rocks.

Not in your boat but I will say with a new election there may be big changes but those changes may take a while. Decide how long you can really afford to keep going in your business. There are other ways to earn a living, have you put your head out there to see if you can find something for when you decide to close the doors?

Not in your boat but I will say with a new election there may be big changes but those changes may take a while. Decide how long you can really afford to keep going in your business. There are other ways to earn a living, have you put your head out there to see if you can find something for when you decide to close the doors?

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I am open minded in future career path so while I am giving 200% I will keep an eye out as a backup. I have regrouped my thoughts in the past few days and am going to launch a full on campaign on net and personal face to face selling. At least if I go down , I go down with a mighty fight!!

Archived