Was this a brush off?

bebeblondie

So I had a date with a guy Thursday night, it went pretty well, he seemed really interested making references to seeing me again and so forth. Anyway at the end of the date he walked me to my car and I thanked him for the drinks and said it was nice meeting him. He then asked me if I would like to go out again and I said yes, and then he said "ok so let's keep in touch". Normally I would take that line as a brush off, but this guy is from a foreign country so there is a bit of a language/culture barrier. I have not heard from him since the date, but then again prior to us meeting he wasn't big on contacting me either, he just contacted me to make a date and then the day of to confirm. So my question is in this context do you guys think "lets keep in touch" is a brush off?

I wouldn't necessarily take it as a brush off yet. I agree, he could have shown more interest, but maybe he is one of those people who don't show much emotion... Just wait and see what happens in the next week or so, and if you don't hear from him, it means he wasn't that interested, and you can move on.

Probably. If a guy likes a girl on a first date his goal is to ensure a second date. "Keep in touch" means about as much as "I'll call ya" which means I don't want to come right and say there won't be a second date.

You're probably right, but he did use that term before we met as well, and why would he ask me if I want to go out again? In my experience when they're not interested they don't ask if you want to go out again.

It's not a brush-off...unless he doesn't call. I've had first (and fifth) dates ending with everything from "Hey let's catch a football game this coming Sunday" to "I'll drunk text you later!" to "Bye" and everything in between, and it's never meant anything as far as the final outcome of whether or not he called. Just out of curiosity, have you heard from him yet?

It's not a brush-off...unless he doesn't call. I've had first (and fifth) dates ending with everything from "Hey let's catch a football game this coming Sunday" to "I'll drunk text you later!" to "Bye" and everything in between, and it's never meant anything as far as the final outcome of whether or not he called. Just out of curiosity, have you heard from him yet?

No I have not heard from him but, yea that has been my experience as well. I once had a guy just say "bye, it was nice meeting you" and then called me the next day to ask me out again. So I don't put all that much weight on the last thing they say. However the whole date he kept paying me compliments, like telling me I'm very pretty (more than once) and saying he thought the date was going really well, he even asked me if in the future I would teach him to play a certain game we were talking about, that's why I thought he was pretty interested. Then again, with online dating you never know, I know most guy are meeting multiple women, so maybe he just met someone he liked better.

people will say anything to get past that last 10 minutes on a date.

I don't think that was the case here, I gave him the perfect out, saying good night first and saying it was nice meeting him, he could've just smiled and said the same. Besides with the whole tone of the date I doubt he would just say that to get past the last 10 minutes.

Archived