suffering from jealousy..need advice

renee125

my boyfriend of three 1/2 years and I just broke up after I found out he had cheated on me. I'm very much still in love with him and am struggling with the realization I will never be with him again.. but the main feeling im dealing with is jealousy. he is a d1 athlete and gets a lot of attention from girls. I hear about him everywhere I go, girls always talk about him, and he is having a really good year. I am insanely jealous of him! I find myself wishing he will get an injury and be out for the season or that he won't be successful.. I know it's bad but I can't help it. I feel my life is so inferior to his, he has so many things going for him and I'm just another phase of his life.. like I was never even important. how do I let go of jealousy and hate and stop obsessing? I really don't know how to deal with all this pain

Awe honey... I am sorry.

First, I think it's normal to feel this way considering what happened. It's really hard and you just have to ride it out. Maybe try focusing on yourself and remember that you are really awesome. He is the one that F'd up. And everyone can think he is "so great" but you KNOW better. Try to spend time with people that are not all into him and what he is doing. Surround yourself with family and friends that support YOU.

Hang in there.... You will get through this. Stay strong.

Archived