7 Weeks Post BU & I Feel Ok...

leftme

I was with the 'one' for 4 years. She dumped me right after her, but before my, birthday.

I was heartbroken. Yet didn't beg. I did all that when we were together and she was 'unsure'.

I've walked away. Gone NIC. With NC regarding pointless texts.

I've started two new hobbies, making an effort to reconnect with friends and seeking to improve my life in every way.

I have a competative feeling about the BU. The "I'll show her" mentality. I'll do better than you. Not to get one over on her though... Just to be happy within myself in 5 years time. I want to look at myself and say "You did good buddy".

I've met so many interesting people that I'd have let pass me by in the relationship... Inclduding a girl that's interested in me.

This may seem a little twisted, but seeing how badly some people are taking their BU on here made me feel better. There is no doubt I loved her. I just think if someone doesn't give a **** about me I'm wasting myself pining after them. It took me 4 weeks to realise that.

I hope this isn't a temporary phase... but it was only on my walk home did I realise how long it was since we'd spoke. Earlier i'd know the exact number of days and be counting them. It must be real progress.

There is hope, don't let it consume you for months and possibly years. You only live once and it's wasted time!

We can do it guys! Let go!

Convenient timing on her part - made sure she got her birthday presents and then broke up with you before your birthday.

Another thing that has helped me in moving on. There were no real things to list as bad traits but that one on its own is enough to have a bad taste in your mouth. Along with shacking up with the 'friend' in a matter of days.

Archived