Love in the Time of Cauliflaur

I thought I would make this interesting by telling it in story form-- however its all one hundred percent true (cept for names of course). By the way, I'm sure I'm spelling cauliflaur wrong so forgive me.

It was a bitter January night and my friend Kayla and I decided to get coffee. Originally, I had scheduled a staff meeting for the store I was assistant manager of but something inside of me decided to call it off. I wasn't one to miss work, but the stresses of everything got to me, and I couldn't explain why I felt the urge I had to go to the local diner.

Recently I had been brutally dumped by a long term boyfriend and I was completely out of sorts. My friend Kayla would be the first to tell you I wasnt at all myself. We walked into the smoking section of the diner we used to hang out at when we went to high school together and there we ran into an old friend we hadn't seen in years. Kayla and this friend began to talk, and I (completely disinterested mind you) stirred my coffee and ignored the conversation altogether. With this old friend of ours sat another young man with a big smile and an observant look on his face. Our old friend happened to be gay and this young man with him happened to be his roommate. I remembered my old friend telling me about him once years ago and telling me how well he and I would get along. Being bitter and truly disinterested, I tried to make conversation anyhow. I looked up at the young man, and interrupting all others' conversation, I belted out, "So, are you gay too?"

Everyone seemed surprised that my first deposit to the conversation was so unrelated to their discussions. Everyone but this young man who responded with intense laughter, "No, I'm Ethan." Shrugging and becoming completely disinterested in Ethan once again, I looked down on my plate of fried cauliflaur. It's very safe to say that at the time I was slightly unstable after a messy break up, and I noticed a piece of cauliflaur in the shape of a heart which I stabbed angrily. I wasn't crazy as much as I was simply bored.

"Wow,"Ethan said with laughter,"Its dead and its really ok."

"So you're not gay?" I responded, seemingly aloof, "All the good guys are gay-"

"Or married,"he held up his hand with a grin, and showed me his ring. The conversation progressed and I discovered that he and his wife were separated, and he was what seemed a pretty nice guy. Eventually the four of us got bored of the diner and headed to they guys' apartment. Afterall, Kayla and I hadn't seen our old friend in about five years and there was a lot of catching up to do. Connecting with the deep broken-heartedness of Ethan, we both indulged in self destructive behavior. Of course, the definition of self destructive behavior being a bottle of rum, we found ourselves full of witty interesting things to say to eachother. It appeared that every sentence from our mouths ended with, "You too?"

Being what was considered a good girl, it never crossed my mind that this night I would experience my first one night stand but hours later, there we were in his bed..... and hours after that we both, somewhat fuzzy from the alcohal and surprised at our own behavior, relocated to the living room and sat on the couch where we talked of entirely untrue things until daybreak. In the morning, I left with a kiss good-bye, more out of not knowing how else to part. I couldn't believe my own actions considering I didn't even find this man attractive, so I wrote him off as a never to see again and went on my way. Little did I know that a chapter of my life had just opened up to surreal, unsuspected adventures........

If this didn't bore you and you would like to know more in order to truly give me a response let me know.....I'll write the next chapter....Part of me feels that this story may help or at least entertain some of you.....Respond if you would like me to write more!

--- Merged topic 3528 into here (swingfox) ---

Be honest-- my story isnt so interesting because I'm not exactly asking for advice YET, eh? I just thought it would be more unique this way but give me some feedback guys-- I can't help that I'm artsy. Its a curse.

Hi gelsey,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us with this story. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Your story is certainly different from what I have read so far, *grins* ... but I have to admit that it's kinda cute, not to mention that it caught my curiosity. Would I like to hear more? *Grins* ... you're just waiting for someone to jump in, eh ... so, sure.. write more ... I hope to hear how you feel now, though.

Thanks

~ SwingFox ~