Internal clock is ticking

cupcake22

I'm 24 and I really want to have a baby! How old were you when you had the itch to start a family?

I was 25 when I started to want a family. But by then I had finished grad school, had an established career, had built up my sick and vacation time so I could take 6 months off, and had been married for a few years. So there was a lot of planning that did beforehand.

I am 21, gf is 19. We had a scare and we began to think and plan for the child, picking names and arangments and such. When the scare was a false one, we both pretended we were elated but we were both silently wished we had a baby on the way, which was a shock for both of us because we never considered having one this young. Both of us were too afraid to say it to the other thinking we would scare each other off, after some hints being thrown from both sides and some talking about it, followed by a month or two of contemplation, we decided to begin trying. Were not rich of wealthy in the slighest but the money will be there, so will the time and familly support, everyone tells us we are crazy (the handful of friends we have told), but we see other young people and there getting on fine. I still wonder am i thinking strait because i look forward to it god help me haha

I've known I want to be a mother for nearly my entire life but am just now feeling a bit of urgency to have a child. Most of the women in my family were pregnant by 23, so I know I'm a late bloomer in their eyes.

Until my current relationship, I could never imagine the person I was dating being the father of my children, which probably took some of my "internal clock" cues away.

Mine began when I was like 22. its is ALWAYS hard for me to see babies or go down the baby aisle. When I think of IF I did indeed have a kid when it started, they'd be going to pre-school or kindergarten right now. Crazy lol. As much as I want one, I can definitely wait. For several reasons. the reality of it is much scarier and harder than the fantasy of a cute little baby.

Archived