Women, what do you think of

Grap_drink

Guys who get rejected a lot or discouraged to try? I only ask because after another one lost interest in me; it makes me want to avoid any female or even afraid to get close to one. I didn't used to be that way, but I sometimes wish I could get rid of thoughts of wanting someone, and acknowledging the fact I'm attracted to someone.

I do not give guys who get rejected a lot any thought it my daily life. So, in just trying to think about it now, I don't have much of a response to give you.

Are you asking whether I feel bad for them? Yes, sure. I feel bad for anyone who gets hurt by stuff. It certainly doesn't play a role in who I choose to date.

I've been rejected my share over the years (I'm single now again) but have been in several long term relationships so I've also done something right.

In my younger years ( I'm 38 ) it seemed, I had a different girlfriend every other few months while all the guys I knew were afraid to approach women. My best friend told me one time many years ago that he and his other guy friends we jelous of me.

Well, here I am single again living in my mother's basement (moved back after Dad passed away. Mom's 71) and they're all successful and married with children.

Now all these nice women pass me over and will continue to do so so long as I'm not in my own place.

So can you pinpoint that one thing that is causing your problems?

I can't say what exactly, just that I could never have one interested long enough to go on a date or hangout eventually. Also for some reason I keep meeting ones that are always "busy" and so I just take the hint and give up. I'm not clingy or pushy, I just let things takes its course, and show a little interest. I tried waiting it off for a year and let someone come to me, but I had better luck approaching women, considering I had no female get in contact with me for a year. Maybe they lie about me being attractive or they pretend to laugh when they actually don't like my personality. I don't know. I've never been in relationship or went out with a woman I liked before.

If a guy has been rejected a lot in the past, I wouldn't even know it unless he told me. And even then, what I'd think of him depends on how he says it. If he sheepishly smiles and says he was never asked out by a girl before (assuming I just asked him out), that's cute. If he complains about how women never give him a chance because they're so superficial, that indicates a possible chip in the shoulder. Not a good sign.

If a guy has been rejected a lot in the past, I wouldn't even know it unless he told me. And even then, what I'd think of him depends on how he says it. If he sheepishly smiles and says he was never asked out by a girl before (assuming I just asked him out), that's cute. If he complains about how women never give him a chance because they're so superficial, that indicates a possible chip in the shoulder. Not a good sign.

If a woman I like asked me out or gave me a straight enthusiastic yes that would be a first haha I don't think women are superficial or any other bitter response about it; probably have better options and just want to be nice about it. I never get far enough for them to find out any sort of past anyway. I'm just really discouraged to even be interested in anyone.

I've been rejected my share over the years (I'm single now again) but have been in several long term relationships so I've also done something right.

In my younger years ( I'm 38 ) it seemed, I had a different girlfriend every other few months while all the guys I knew were afraid to approach women. My best friend told me one time many years ago that he and his other guy friends we jelous of me.

Well, here I am single again living in my mother's basement (moved back after Dad passed away. Mom's 71) and they're all successful and married with children.

Now all these nice women pass me over and will continue to do so so long as I'm not in my own place.

So can you pinpoint that one thing that is causing your problems?

^ See OP! Not saying this guy was a jerk or a "player" in his day, but the guys who ARE players and get lots of women get way too hung up on having their "variety". Guys who get dates every weekend love all the quantity and don't appreciate a good woman when they catch one. Be happy that you are getting rejected now - you'll appreciate, and hold on to, the woman of your dreams when she comes along

We all get discouraged and rejected from time to time. I live in downtown Toronto - EVERY man here wants a smoking hot model type. Why? Because this is "Northern Hollywood", there are some smokin hot chicks walking around here! And here I am, average. Its taken a lot of inner work over the years for me to realize that I am beautiful, natural and real, and that some day I will meet a guy who sees it too

Keep your chin up! And again, no disrespect to Gilson lol

Archived