Have you ever been hated on because you're 'good looking'??

Coconut Twin

I get your point. I can't stand arrogance. It stinks.

I'm a bit funny about the topic of looks..only other people have told me I'm good looking. My earlier years I had very low self esteem, but through years and years of constant self help, I've become quite confident and enjoy life much more. I appreciate everything.

I feel my personality I hold way above my looks and I'm definitely no Angelina Jolie, I'm just me and after all these years I've.started to like what I see in the mirror. I love what God gave me and that is ok, but not arrogant with it.

I have met people like your ex, designer labels, very full of themselves and so on. On first glance its easy to judge but at the end of the day, everyone has a story.

Yea I believe this to be true - that a large part of our loves are.controlled. There is in interesting book about this type stuff by Noam Chomsky...probably get it off Amazon, forgotten the title though..

Excuse my spelling errors, using my mobile.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cranny ~ Chomsky, your well read and good taste, didn't realise you were a bit of an anarchist also lol. His view of the world and those in control is right on the money, and he has compassion for the real people who make the world a better place. And your personality has always shone through.

Yes, an arrogant person is an arrogant person, looks or not.

Just had to call ny father up as he has the book. It's called 'media control - the spectacular achievements of propaganda'

Think there are 2 editions. So yea dropped that in my basket on amazon he. Gonna be one iiiiiiinteresting read.

Like the photo on the cover, its got these newspaper kiosks lined up with 'lies lies lies lies..' graffiti sprayed on them.

Sounds like an interesting read. Shows how those in power really think, and what's really going on.

By the way i liked your recent post on anologies to healing (the cycling) and inviting people to describe their own.

I just didn't understand why more people didn't jump on it. Because even if they didn't have one, it was an invitation to think of one, and that can help healing in it's own right.

Maybe it's a slow burner..

Yea. True that. This was what I was hoping to get from it. People finding their own method of thought process to gradually expel all counterproductive thoughts that maybe hampering their healing.

Oh that thread seemed to be dying...haven't checked on it. Don't know how to get alerts either ha.

I'll go check ....taa for that.

On one hand I sympathize with you and see your point, but at the same time I can't help but notice what comes accross as a slight self-righteous air. You seem a bit contemptuous of the "sad" and "insecure" women that you describe. You sound quite judgey yourself when you say "those people should just hang up their hang ups." Really? They likely have such hang ups because they have been hurt at some point. Maybe they are in the process of healing, but that usually doesn't happen over night. Maybe not, but how can you know? Do you really think you are above such pettiness and hang ups yourself? If you were totally confident, I don't think you would need to put them down as being "sad" and "insecure." But who is totally confident right? When balanced with real confidence, a lack of confidence is a good thing, is humility. Pettiness is human, there's a cause for everything. To feel that one is above pettiness, and to take pride in this, is in fact quite petty. We're all quite foolish really, but viewed from another lens such foolishness can be viewed as wisdom or at least the path to it. Ah, the paradox of life

Yep heard your response. Don't fully agree with it apart from the "we're all quite foolish" bit.

This thread is stale ATM...kind of moved on from this already.

But I'll say one thing darling. If you feel I come accross as "self righteous" that's your opinion, after all what do you know of me really? Do you know what I do and who I help in my life? nope. So saying that is just laughable really. Take note - I haven't labelled anyone as "insecure" or "sad" but the SITUATION.

Sure pettiness is human but I don't indulge in being a * * * * * , that's my point. I respect every living thing I come into contact with and if that's any issue with you or anyone else then really IT IS SAD and that is their problem not mine.

Yes it is my opinion, just as it is your opinion that voicing my opinion is laughable. You are right though, I was judging you and I don't know you at all, you're likely an awesome and amazing person. Even if you happen to be a bit self righteous you're still probably pretty cool.

I actually felt ashamed after posting what I wrote. I will try to delete it. Part of the reason to call you out on the self righteousness thing is my own self righteousness. It seems that we tend to respond most strongly to the qualities in other people that we most dislike or like in ourselves. So maybe the things I perceived by reading your limited posts had some basis in reality or maybe they were entirely my own projections based on my own pettiness and flaws. Most likely a mixture of both. Sorry for being aggressive and pretentious. I guess I also felt threatened because I have self-esteem issues, and I have been condescended to one time to many by "confident" types who look down on me. The sentiment I was perceiving from you struck a nerve, but it was just my perception, not fact. Sorry! The next time I'm tempted to aggressively express judgment, I'll try to remember I'm really judging myself, and that's where I need to focus my attention, to learn compassion.

I regret taking my own self loathing out on you, but at least it's taught me something useful.

And to clarify, I have no issue with you having respect for all living things, that's beautiful. It's judgment that I have an issue with. It's a paradox. . I'm very judgmental about judgment lol.

Hey it's ok love. And it's commendable that you're actually being honest and putting your feelings out there. What I meant by 'laughable' was the fact that a person will label another person without not knowing fully anything about them, i.e saying I come accross as 'self righteous'.

I do totally understand that people have their perceptions, after all we're human. Just a shame that you see me that way, then again on the internet you can't really tell who anyone truly is.

Maybe I am naive to expect people to not be judgmental, I guess I would like a world where people all got along which is totally unrealistic really.

I accept your apology and I, like you detest judgements that are preconceived. Hey at least we're on the same page about something No bad feelings.

Archived