Girlfriend jealous of my friendship with ex?

I have been broken up with my ex for 4 months now and we talk on occasion but we never go out I suppose you can say we are mates. I am having a party in the next few weeks and I would really like to invite my ex since he is also mates with several of my flatmates but the problem is his girlfriend dislikes me and is really jealous of me when I have told him several times tell Mindy I am over you I have no feelings towards you anymore so why can't she let it go? My ex and I have always been mates and we always went out even after we broke up however when Mindy entered the picture she became jealous and told him he couldn't text me, couldn't hang out with me pretty much P whipped him. The only way we can talk is through skype which is a little insane. Why is she jealous and why won't she let me talk to him and hang out with him? Here is my dilemma.... I want to invite him to the party and all of my flatmates are asking me to invite him but his girlfriend hates me. I already have a boyfriend so she doesn't need to be jealous and I have told my ex on several occasions you can bring Mindy along and double with Derek and I however once again Mindy P whips him and says no. Everything was perfect until she entered the picture

Some girls don't like it when their boyfriends are still friends with exes.

Sorry, but girlfriend > ex, and that's how it should be.

I would just back off and leave them be. She's not comfortable with it and your desires should not be trumping hers when it comes to her boyfriend, especially considering that you guys are exes.

Just my thoughts.

Is this the same girl that he hinted about having a threesome with? Guess that idea was a fantasy, eh?

I agree with Fudgie. Leave him alone. The world is full of good blokes to become friends with. It is not about you guys being mates, you are not, you two are exes and that is a different kettle of fish. Be honest, you are into this conflict because 1) you still have lust for your ex or 2) you are into tormenting the new girlfriend. Why else would this deserve one ounce of your energy?

Please, your flatmates are adults. They know that loyalties change with the breakups and makeups between couples. Are they really going to be crushed if your ex does not attend? They should use the time to get to know your Derek instead of clinging to the debris of your past relationship.

Leave this ex alone....

I agree with Fudgie. Even though your intentions are entirely honourable its time to step back from him a bit if the GF is having issues with it. Put yourself in her position, she's just started a new relationship with him and you as the 'ex' are still very much in his life, that would make even the most secure person feel a bit jealous - it prob looks to her like there is unfinished business between you and your ex and nobody wants to feel insecure in their brand new relationship, even if its unintentional on the part of the other person.

I had a really good male friend who I used to hang out with a lot a few years ago but as soon as he started going out with his GF i backed off big time, as I didnt want her to feel worried that I was somehow 'after him' and ultimately ive gotta respect her feelings as she is the one he has chosen to be with.

You can still be friends with your ex on some level, just maybe not the same way as you have been so far.

My ex girlfriend text me for advice regarding her current boy toy despite me telling her I want NC. Evidently her BF receives rides from his ex and she told him multiple times it upset her. I almost wanted to laugh at the hypocrisy. Needless to say new lovers don't like the idea of feeling like they are being used while their BF/GF is spending way too much time with their ex. Sometimes their might be just a platonic friendship their and other times one or both people are still attracted. I would suggest putting some distance between you two. You can still be friends but you shouldn't get too involve with your ex. I don't think you would like your current BF hanging out with his ex girlfriend.

Archived