The Little Victories Thread

diariescs

I think we all need a pat on the back at least once a day with what we're going through. Sure, we might want our old life/flame back, but we're aware of the statistics, the possibilities, and the steps we have to take in order to, more importantly, get ourselves back (or at least out of this crazy rut). So here's a thread for all our little victories. Did you do self-care today? Did you NOT do something that you had a hard time not doing? Did you get out of bed despite the crippling urge to just hide under the covers? Post them here, and let's really be supportive of one another.

- CS.

Things I've done so far:

• This is the day my friend picks up my things from the house ex and I shared. My puppy woke me up early, so I texted my friend, thanking her for doing this for me. I was considering coming with her, but we're both worried about how much that will set me back. A couple of hours later (I fell asleep), she called me to tell me she's on her way to pick up my Highlander. And that our former roommate (who was supposed to let her in) promptly informed her that ex didn't go to work today. So that eliminates me picking up my own stuff. So many fantasies were triggered by the fact that he stayed home, knowing I might be picking up my stuff. But I'm letting them roll off my shoulders. Taking deep breaths and exhaling them away.

• I'm up (despite the urge to just hug my pillow), I'm prettied up, and I'm watching a movie with my little sister.

• I haven't snooped at all in three days. (Sounds pathetic, I know, but this is a big deal for me.)

• I've been taking dance classes everyday. I'm achy right now, and it feels good. I figured that if I can learn to do something I've been afraid of since I was a kid, my self-esteem will skyrocket.

• I've lost about 12lbs already. Still going.

• Church and prayer has been giving me a sense of peace that I didn't think I could attain in such a short period of time. I never went before this breakup. I believed in a higher power, but I didn't subscribe to religion or prayer. Now, it's keeping me positive. It's the easiest way I can put LOA to good use, and it's quickly become the greatest influence in my recovery.

• I've maintained NC since Friday. NIC since.. Ummm.. almost since the breakup, give or take a couple of days.

I like this idea!

My little victories:

-I FINALLY feel like dating around again

-I'm getting back into weight lifting

-I'm reinventing myself (getting a new look with my hair, getting my teeth whitened,...eventually get a new wardrobe, piece by piece, haha)

-I signed myself up for my first competition (wish me luck!

-and I'm currently talking to a new cutie right now, who's got potential...

-I finally found an old friend of mine, after 4 years.

Nice, positive thread!

Today's little victories:

-I have lost 15 lbs in the last month.

-A coworker complimented me on my weight loss.

-I looked GREAT when he came in the store (hair/makeup nicely done, clothes that show off my shrinking figure). I feel good, and he gets to see what he is missing!

-Had a great conversation with an old friend.

I like this idea!

My little victories:

-I FINALLY feel like dating around again

-I'm getting back into weight lifting

-I'm reinventing myself (getting a new look with my hair, getting my teeth whitened,...eventually get a new wardrobe, piece by piece, haha)

-I signed myself up for my first competition (wish me luck!

-and I'm currently talking to a new cutie right now, who's got potential...

-I finally found an old friend of mine, after 4 years.

Good luck! I really want to do the reinvention thing myself, but I lack the monehs, lol. Plus I want to lose a bit more weight before I buy or change anything else. And, ooh la la, I hope things with Cutie work out.

Good job on the weight loss and on looking great around him. Keep it up! ^_^

Nice, positive thread!

Today's little victories:

-I have lost 15 lbs in the last month.

-A coworker complimented me on my weight loss.

-I looked GREAT when he came in the store (hair/makeup nicely done, clothes that show off my shrinking figure). I feel good, and he gets to see what he is missing!

-Had a great conversation with an old friend.

- Lost 12 pounds

- Wearing jeans I haven't worn in 4 years

- Going to Ireland in 2 weeks

- Moving to LA this summer

- Finally getting back on track with school

-Keeping my room cleaned up and laundry done

- Able to see a future that is right for me even if he isn't in it for right now/or again

- Able to understand that both of us need to grow individually before it would ever work again anyways

- Continuing seeing a counselor who is commending me on my growth feels good

- Taking power back by admitting and accepting the split as the best thing for everyone

- Making a commitment to stay away from alcohol

- Reminding myself that I am beautiful, smart, loving, daughter, friend, cousin, grandchild, student, nanny, etc.

- Annnnnd trying to stop smoking cigarettes (not going so hot but baby steps)

-pretty much gained another 5 lbs of muscle in 3 months (170 lbs now)

-look lean and have my six pack again (been eating healthy(er) since break up because I don't go out to eat too much anymore)

-scheduled an appointment for my second sleeve

-visiting the counsellor

However, I still miss her like crazy and it sucks that she can't see the improvements I have made (I know all of you will be saying, there are plenty of other girls out there. I truly do love her).

Still been drinkin like every weekend though, and smoking occasionally. Hope I can get past this slump.

Good job, everyone!

-pretty much gained another 5 lbs of muscle in 3 months (170 lbs now)

-look lean and have my six pack again (been eating healthy(er) since break up because I don't go out to eat too much anymore)

-scheduled an appointment for my second sleeve

-visiting the counsellor

However, I still miss her like crazy and it sucks that she can't see the improvements I have made (I know all of you will be saying, there are plenty of other girls out there. I truly do love her).

Still been drinkin like every weekend though, and smoking occasionally. Hope I can get past this slump.

I read this statement in the forums about that "plenty of other fish" quote: "You're in love with a particular fish. A particular grain of sand." I know your pain (my story so far). I think we all do, whether we admit it or not. Let's just keep going, eh? One day at a time.

A good positive thread Dia* ~ Well Done*

I took me the better part of 3 years to recover from DDay so my pat on the back for today is: I made it!

I am also halfway through a University Degree....Something I never dreamed I would be doing and probably would not have done if not for the BU*

And here's one for all of you still in the early stages: NC is hard...Damn damn hard....So be proud of every day you get through it*

Ever Forward

Carus* 8-)

A good positive thread Dia* ~ Well Done*

I took me the better part of 3 years to recover from DDay so my pat on the back for today is: I made it!

I am also halfway through a University Degree....Something I never dreamed I would be doing and probably would not have done if not for the BU*

And here's one for all of you still in the early stages: NC is hard...Damn damn hard....So be proud of every day you get through it*

Ever Forward

Carus* 8-)

grats! i'm in a similar situation where the BU has almost been a kickstart to get my life on track.

1) NC and haven't seen her in 3 weeks. haven't spoken to her much at all in the last 4-5 months which makes me sad pretty often. i know it's for the best though.

2) i've taken up a new hobby with the mechanic i work for--dirt biking. it's such an amazing adrenaline rush and we're starting to get pretty good.

3) i haven't lurked her fb in about a month

my birthday is friday and i'm honestly really hoping she contacts me in some way. otherwise i feel like it'll be the final nail in the coffin regarding my position in NC. i know i'm setting myself up for disappointment but am i really that far from her thoughts?

My little victories:

1. Joined the gym in hopes of gaining some weight and muscle

2. Started to spend more time with friends that I neglected

3. Started be able to talk to my sister about my life. Our family is a bit messed up. I can finally confide in my sister.

4. Finally getting a car that is winter-friendly

5. Finally understand that both of us need to grow individually before it would ever work again anyways...

6. Have not had a drop of alcohol since breakup. I don't want to drink.

I still miss and love her but it is time to move on and grow. She is doing the same. Maybe we'll meet again, maybe we won't. I will never forget her. My first real true love...

Good job, everyone! Let's keep this up!

• Woke up early to attend great grandma's funeral. This is a positive because being around people and going to mass makes the heavy feeling go away.
  • Spoke to a possible contact for an interstate move that I might do if the opportunity is ripe.
  • Went to pole-dancing class.
  • Actually ate quite a bit today. This could be a negative, since I want to keep going with this weight loss, but I've been gauging my recovery by how much of my appetite has returned. And if today's is any indication, I'm recovering quickly. ^_^
  • Hung out with friends. Went to the mall, ranted, laughed, watched a movie. Giggled about the ex's silly actions (like sending me unappealing pictures of himself o_O).

Good job, everyone! Let's keep this up!

• Woke up early to attend great grandma's funeral. This is a positive because being around people and going to mass makes the heavy feeling go away.
  • Spoke to a possible contact for an interstate move that I might do if the opportunity is ripe.
  • Went to pole-dancing class.
  • Actually ate quite a bit today. This could be a negative, since I want to keep going with this weight loss, but I've been gauging my recovery by how much of my appetite has returned. And if today's is any indication, I'm recovering quickly. ^_^
  • Hung out with friends. Went to the mall, ranted, laughed, watched a movie. Giggled about the ex's silly actions (like sending me unappealing pictures of himself o_O).

I wouldn't say that I am gauging my recovery by my appetite, but the way I ate today, ****, I think it's a good sign lol I couldn't even eat a bite after the BU...

I lost 22 pounds since then... and I already have a super high metabolism. I will never gain this weight back lol

I still miss and love her but it is time to move on and grow. She is doing the same. Maybe we'll meet again, maybe we won't. I will never forget her. My first real true love...

I'm at 3 weeks post BU. Been NC for about 2 weeks now, although her brother tried to call me the other night.

-Filled up my Monday-Saturday, so I'm too tired to think about her

-Went back to college for the sake of finishing

-Joined a MMA Gym so I can practice my Muay-Thai

-Taking the advanced Yoga class w/ colleagues

-Reconnecting w/ old friends

-Hiking every weekend

-Spending more time with my family

-Lost 10-15 pounds

-Buying new clothes

-Eating out less

-Eating healthier

She told me ILYBNILWY, and I broke up with her when she wanted to take a break. I packed all of her belongings into a box & put it in the top shelf of my closet, out of sight, out of mind. I removed all her pictures from my FB account. I'm trying not to troll her FB page, but she still has all the pictures of us on there. Wish she would take them down already. It makes me feel like it isn't over yet (or like she still has the upper-hand).

Damn I'm busy, but when I'm not I still miss her.

Archived