Am I asking for too much?

Loriana

Hey guys, I'm not having a dilemma, I just want to rant about most guys I meet online. I gave up with dating sites ages ago because I just had really bad experiences with them, most of the guys that messaged me were only looking for a hook up whilst others messaged me that were way out of my age limit. I just found that I wasted my time making a profile when guys probably didn't read it and just looked at my pictures and sent me messages based on them.

I used to use this site Are You Interested, but I used to ignore all the messages I received and I just used to go on this chat called meebo chat and I ended up making two good friends on there that I now speak to on Facebook as the meebo chat room was shut down last year. Basically I got added into this group on Facebook which had all of the people that used to go on the meebo chat, the group was set up so we could all keep in touch. Anyway last week this guy added me who was from the group. He has liked a few of my pictures and he keeps poking me, anyways he started talking to me and he seemed pretty nice at first and then he started flirting with me and it went down hill from there, he's one of those guys who wants to cam all the time!.

I don't know why but every guy I come accross just wants to cam and hook up, don't get me wrong I like to flirt, etc, but not all the time, is it too much to ask to just be able to have a normal conversation with someone?. Maybe I send these guys the wrong messages when I playfully flirt back, is that where I'm going wrong?. I just feel like I attract all the wrong type of guys, this doesn't just happen online this happens in real life too, I must give off some sort of vibe that says

"Sex toy" or something lol. I keep looking for Mr Right, but I can't seem to find him!. Feel free to comment even though this was just a rant!

To answer your question, yes you are asking too much. You'd have better luck meeting someone through someone in real life rather than online. If you are planning to go the online route I would say you have better luck just using the dating service to locate potential dates but don't chat with them, just meet with the in real life preferably in a public place. But even then it's not a great way to meet new people.

Do they have eHarmony in the UK? It's nothing like what you describe and works completely differently. If you're serious about meeting someone for a committed relationship, eHarmony is easy. All other sites I found to be just like you're describing, but they all work the same way too, so that makes sense.

I've met more guys who want just sex in real life than I have online. I've had two really good, long term, relationships with guys I met online. Real life, you get fooled by looks, online, not so much. Maybe it's the guys you are replying to that are the bad apples. I only answered messages from professional guys who talked about their kids, pets, families, etc...and left the sex stuff go until they actually met me and it was consentual. Most online guys are very sincere, at least that has been my experience.

Do they have eHarmony in the UK? It's nothing like what you describe and works completely differently. If you're serious about meeting someone for a committed relationship, eHarmony is easy. All other sites I found to be just like you're describing, but they all work the same way too, so that makes sense.

Yeah, we do have eharmony here in the UK, it's always being advertised on TV, looks better than some of the dating sites I have used so I might check it out

Yeah, we do have eharmony here in the UK, it's always being advertised on TV, looks better than some of the dating sites I have used so I might check it out

They do the matching for you based on a VERY long questionnaire aimed at figuring out who you are and what you want. Completely eliminates people contacting you because they think you're hot and want to sleep with you.

Sorry about the bad experience. Can't you block showing pictures until you really know somebody on dating sites?

It's OK You could probably set your privacy settings to stop certain people from viewing your profile, but not sure if you can block people from viewing your pictures, unless you don't upload any pictures, but then that would only lead to people asking for a picture I guess. I'll have to google it.

Archived