6 months ago my ex broke up with me after 5 years. At the time I knew she had been pulling away, I never thought we would split up though. Her reason for wanting to split up was because we wanted different things in the future. You can read my other posts for more background.

We work together so we still talk...recently she's been asking me if I still feel the same and that she's been missing me. She wants to say lets try again but still has her doubts.

My problem now is that I'm struggling to picture us getting back together. There's no question that I still care about her. It's more do I trust her not to hurt me again.

Has anyone been through this?

In the end, you have to make sure that you make yourself happy. That is NOT selfish. You are first responisble for your own happiness.

Therefore, I always suggest writing down all the good points and bad points about myself and the one I am involved with. It sounds logical and it is. You may be better off without this person, trying to work on making yourself happier and then when you do that, another better suited person seems to come in to your life. Moving forward with a new relationship can be better than the pain of trying to fix a broken one. Like a cracked piece of glass that will never have the luster of a new one. It may have been your favorite glass to drink out of...but it is still cracked and could still cut your mouth. lol

Archived