Soulmates??

musicguy

I think a soul mate is never a has been or something in the past.

Each person has one soul mate. Someone who can feel their pain without any sentences having to be uttered. Someone who can make them happy by just being with them..

I think soulmates cry when one of them is hurting.

Soulmates feel that they have known eachother for past life times on their first day of meeting.

I think a soulmate is someone you feel you cannot live your life without.

Finally, a soulmatehood is there when in a matter of a few hours, an unexplainable bond develops...as if it was always there. (unlike normal relationships which take years to strengthen).

I agree with Justtwice... Your "Soul Mate" doesn't necesarily have to be a lover, but that person will be connected with you on an unreal level. There's an uncanny understanding of each other in every way; a deep, emotional caring that can't even be expressed. It sounds very poetic, but to me it really is a very poetic and romantic thing, even if the relationship itself is not romantic. Once you've found your soul mate, it is hard to go through life without them. The bond is unbreakable, no matter what the circumstances are. Sadly, not everyone finds their soulmate, so those of us who HAVE that in our lives treasure it greatly... or at least we should.

I agree with PAdreamer. The bond between soulmates cannot be broken. The two of you are on a different planet, you speak a language that no one else can understand, and you share emotions that no one else can express or feel. In fact feelings between soulmates are magnified, and in times of trouble, the bond between soulmates gets stronger.

Nobody, and I mean nobody can come between soulmates because the glow of love radiates throw them to the point where nobody else can get close.

John Lennon and Yoko Ono were soulmates. Even when they were being publicly ridiculed, their love for each other shone through.

A soulmate is someone who understands you in a way no one else ever can. Someone who knows what you are thinking and feeling without a word ever being spoken. There is a bond, a connection that transcends any problems, any distance, any barriers. Someone who who cheers you up when you are down. Somewhere who gives you the strength to be your best. Someone who challenges you, supports you, and loves you no matter what happens. A soulmate is just what the word suggest: someone whose very soul is intertwined with your own.

• 2 years later...
A soulmate is someone who understands you in a way no one else ever can. Someone who knows what you are thinking and feeling without a word ever being spoken. There is a bond, a connection that transcends any problems, any distance, any barriers. Someone who who cheers you up when you are down. Somewhere who gives you the strength to be your best. Someone who challenges you, supports you, and loves you no matter what happens. A soulmate is just what the word suggest: someone whose very soul is intertwined with your own.

I like that... I have something like this with my best friend... she has been there for me through everything...

I dont know but im gonna put a different spin on it. I feel like i found my soulmate but because we came from unhealthy past our relationship was horrible. She has alot of issues and so did i but we were so glad to have found each other like if God put a special person in our life to take away all the pain. I guess from there we became co-dependent and i put up with alot from her that i shouldnt have but we were very blinded. I met her by chance online and we used to say that long distance relationships dont work but ours did. We both then went thru a very bad period in our lives just like the rest of our lives and we broke up to maybe never be together again. She is afraid that she is gonna make stress me out alot like before and i had anxiety because of that as well. Its like now she left me because she felt like she found some for her that was close by but it was like history repeating itself. I was that guy that she found after she broke up with an ex that cheated on her. I never understood it because now it was like she left me because she felt like this guy was here for her. I tried to explain this to her and tell her guys say alot of things to get a girl to like them. I feel like she even liked this guy but she told me she was gonna be independent and i still dont believe her. I just asked God why did this happen and i tried to actually not make it happen but it did. She basically did to me what her ex did to her and she did alot of other things to me and now she feels bad because she was young and made alot of stupid mistakes. I made alot myself but i tried to make them better but she really had alot of insecurities. I tried to help her the best i could but she doesnt like to be controlled because her parents were really controlling so she has a rebel side. I had alot in common with her and even now when im not with her i see how our lives are so similar its crazy. We never knew what we were doing because we lived sheltered and dysfunctional lives and now all i can do is hope that the same can happen to me and i can find someone closer i just feel this bond with her that doesnt go away. Its like now even if i find a girl that im into she is basically gonna be just like this girl but she will be nearby and i cant wait to have to explain to her that i already found my soulmate but it didnt work out.

No, soulmates do not exist, and the more I think about it, the more absurd the word and concept is.

The word soulmate is used to intensify the the love story between two people who just happen to fall in love. It's supposed to make it seem like it's destiny, that no obstacle, no storm, no Decepticon can destroy their inevitable union that will last either forever or until they get divorced.

If soulmates exist, then people like me, over 30, wouldn't be soulmateless. I can't wait to hear the "don't look for it and it will come" line which is without a doubt the worst sentence I have ever heard regarding love. If I want a new car, what do I do, NOT shop for it?

People spit this word out to make their love of their significant other the highest of all loves when in reality, the person is just their lover. Nothing more. If they're good in bed, then how can they not be their soulmate, right? Sheesh.

I may change my mind when I meet a girl because I heard love can really make you look stupid. But for now whenever I hear the word soulmate, I repeat the word, preceed it with a four letter word and follow it with a middle finger, although it deserves much more venom.

I definitely acknowledge that soul mates are real. But how many people actually find theirs? Not many. Of course, those who sit back, complain and never do anything won't be the ones to find theirs. That much I know.

As for what it is, quite simply... the other half of your soul. Pretty simple, eh?

no obstacle, no storm, no Decepticon can destroy their inevitable union that will last either forever

Not even Megatron???

I definitely acknowledge that soul mates are real. But how many people actually find theirs? Not many. Of course, those who sit back, complain and never do anything won't be the ones to find theirs. That much I know.

As for what it is, quite simply... the other half of your soul. Pretty simple, eh?

Not even Megatron???

Not without the AllSpark.

Perhaps Unicron...

I am wondering if really, a soul mate is simply the most basic connection with someone. Ground Zero of baring oneself. The miracle is the odds of finding that magical combination of traits. I think it's possible to connect with many people on that level, I don't think we're limited to ONE soul mate per lifetime. But perhaps it's just the odds of finding them. I don't even think I'd call them a "soul mate," but rather, a perfect friend.

Have a great life...

I think 'soulmate' is a concept dreamt up by the romantic literature industry.

No wait...it comes from Plato...

But anyway, I do not believe it. People like to think they are not basically alone in this life, and have a superior and transcendent connection with another person. Smug Marrieds. Bah!

We are alone in life and in death. We can forge powerful and loving bonds with people while we are here, but each soul has an inviolable privacy. The relationship between your 'self' and your 'soul' is the closest relationship you will have, and I think that is as it should be.

Often I think we look to another to fill that void in ourselves, our feeling of incompletion. I think we are looking outside when we should be looking inside.

I think it is a feeling you have when you are with that person, a feeling that you are one. It is hard to explain. I think you will know when you find it. And if I can recommend anything, don't be afraid if you find this with someone you just met. I felt this with a man I met and lost him because I got afraid and now I don't know if I will ever see him again.

So, it could happen to you any where and any second. Hope you find your soulmate.

• 3 weeks later...