Ever have your ex come back when you thought they never would?

JLKLEE

• 2 weeks later...

Happened the day my current ex and I broke up coincidentally. I could’ve had her come over had a good time and maybe fall in to the same routine. I didn’t. I politely declined her request to hang out and I’m hoping that’s that.

Nothing negative to say about her because it would all be subjective but personally not my cup of tea anymore. I was definitely upset when she left but it’s funny how that disappeared after some more (better)relationships. I’m looking forward to my next one because I learned a lot from my past.

Will I ever hear from my current ex? Probably not. It’s a terrible feeling but I’m my case she deserves more that I could give her right now. I’m working on being the guy that can give someone like her what she deserves and that helps me cope.

Honestly I think it's so wrong if you break up with someone then pop back in to their lives like a year or so later, like that person has gotten over you now and you've decided to re-enter their lives? Unless you left for reasons genuinely out of your control I just don't understand, if you end a relationship with someone then leave them to get on with their lives.

I can understand (maybe) coming back within a smaller period of time if you've had a change of heart and genuinely realised what you let go, but coming back when you know they have probably moved on with their life is a pretty crappy thing to do. If an ex who left me came back 8 months later and wanted to patch things up I'd be pretty angry. I could understand it if you had both decided to be friends and it kinda happened again naturally, but deciding to force yourself again in to somebody's life who you left after they've managed to heal is a really ugly thing to do.

• 1 year later...

My ex came back 4 months after the break up even though he had previously told me we were never getting back together and that he wasn't made to be in a relationship and just wanted casual flings. He broke up with me a week after we got back together saying I hadn't changed when in reality he was the one who hadn't changed and was not ready for a serious relationship.

Archived