Should I send her a follow up text?

Coverage

A quick rundown of the situation:

There is this girl in university that I'm attracted to, and we've had some small talk and joked around with each other a bit the past few weeks. Because the term was about to end I decided to ask for her number. She agreed to swap numbers and as we were leaving she said "I'll talk to you later".

So about 3 days later I call her up and get her voicemail and I ask her if she would like to go to lunch sometime early this week and to call or text me back. Well, its been a little over 24 hours and I've yet to receive a response from her. Now I'm kind of left in the odd position of not knowing whether I should send her a text sometime in the next day or so asking if she got my voicemessage, or if I should make the safe assumption that she's ignoring me, delete her number, and move on?

The last thing I want to do is come off as "that guy" that cant take a hint, but there is also a small possibility that she never heard my message for whatever reason or she could be shy about responding.

I'm a very shy guy myself that is woefully inexperienced with girls and dating, and it took a lot for me just to call her up like I did, so I'd really like a response from her even if it is a "no"

Any advice?

I would assume that she did receive the voice mail and she hasn't listened to it yet or has ignored it. Either way you do not need to send a text because you can come off as clingy. She may take a while to respond to people, i'm afraid you will just have to wait and see.

Fair enough. I'll wait and give her a few more days before I just give up all hope on receiving a response, and I wont worry about sending her another message unless she responds.

I guess I just assume that if a girl has any real interest in getting to know a guy she would find 5 minutes out of an entire day to send out a quick response text of some kind, but like I said I'm kind running blind with a lack of experience here. If shes really busy I guess it would be unfair of me to expect her to spend time dealing with someone she doesn't know very well yet.

She is likely really into you and playing hard to get, distracted by something like study stress, migraine or some other issue, or, not into you. I doubt she would have given you her number if she didn't like you.

Listen, I have been in bed for the last 3 days with a brutal headache. I wouldn't want to talk to anyone right now. Just because you are shy and it took a lot out of you to ask for her number, doesn't change the fact that she is in one the above 3 categories.

Just relax.....

I was in a very similar situation a few months ago. The woman I had not heard back from after leaving her a voice-mail responded to my text (that I sent 48 hours after the voice-mail) with something to the effect of, "Sorry, I've been feeling sick for the past few days. Hope you have a nice day!" This was all the response I needed to know she was not interested. At least I had my answer, though, and I was no longer sitting around wondering if she got my voice-mail.

I was in a very similar situation a few months ago. The woman I had not heard back from after leaving her a voice-mail responded to my text (that I sent 48 hours after the voice-mail) with something to the effect of, "Sorry, I've been feeling sick for the past few days. Hope you have a nice day!" This was all the response I needed to know she was not interested. At least I had my answer, though, and I was no longer sitting around wondering if she got my voice-mail.

That's why I think he should hit her up in a few days.

Well, she finally texted me the "I'm sorry. I have a boyfriend and so I can't go out with you" line. Assuming shes telling the truth, I suppose I must have miscommunicated my intentions when I asked for her number.

I'm obviously disappointed at the result, but at the same time its good to at least have an answer and be able to move on.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys!

Archived