What types are attracted to you?

Dougie_D

I think I tried to ask this question but many said don't worry about it...but I read something online and it makes sense not to waste your time reaching out to people when you know that they won't bother with you. Of course, it can change but it would be a lot more effort for both parties.

I don't like to be in "leagues" but I do like to know what type of women are most likely to be attracted to me. Is there a way to figure out? Or is this wishful thinking. I mean, I know I HAVE NO chance going out with a FIT girl. It seems like a geeky girl would be more attractive to a geeky guy, right?

I have facial hair..Are there certain lady types that like beards, etc?

I know some girls who like beards, but if you find it's a problem getting dates then you could always shave it off lol. It's hard to tell what type of person will be attracted to you. For me, it's like the exact type I don't want usually, haha. I guess you should go on an online dating site and see who usually contacts/responds positively to you (probably respond since I know women usually don't make first contact on those). I've seen thinner girls with bigger guys, but in general I think that bigger guys have a better shot with women who aren't thin. I'm not trying to stereotype, I know there are exceptions.

To be blunt, yeah you're gonna find it hard or impossible to date a fit girl (and skinny does not mean fit, I got high standards for this word). Any woman who disagrees with this is probably unfit and just wishful thinking. Not that fit women are necessarily looking for fit men, but not unfit men. There are always exceptions and compromises, like if the man was rich and powerful.

I could see you settling down with a geeky girl. Geeky girls aren't bad at all in my opinion and some of them can be really attractive too, especially when they play games. I honestly find a lot of women placing themselves into this category because being nerdy and geeky has become socially acceptable and even cool. If you've been to a Halloween party at all, you've probably noticed all of the nerds and geeks out there. I find a lot of women on dating sites to be pretentious because arguably it's become cooler to be a geek, so they'll say something like they play such and such video game and when you talk to them about it, they played on their brother's account for like a few hours and think they're pro. HAH! Sup with that?

I think you know in your gut what type of women might be into you.

I think you know in your gut what type of women might be into you

No. I really don't. That's why I asked the question.

I know that I'M not a STEREOTYPE. If anything I confuse people. My roommate thought I was a super tech guy. I don't know what she based that on, but she freaked out when I told her I know NOTHING about computers.

Also, I don't look or play the musician type. I was raised as a preppy kid but hung out with the punk rockers. I would wear polo when they wore spiky jackets, mohawks, etc..

I do agree...I just LOOK plain but my interests are extreme. I listen to metal. I watch sports. Most ALL of my musician friends don't have much of a passion for sports that I do. I was always the BETTER athlete when we played hoops. When I play with my NON-Musical friends, I'm below-average to them.

In my case, I attract people who are into what I am. Im a girl gamer, but I'm not a nerd-who-stays-isolated at home, so sometimes I attract that extreme, which I don't like. I don't usually attract the typical macho guys long-term - mainly because , talking about cars and hockey all day is boring to me. And I'm also sure they don't want to talk about cpu's. I attract them sure, but this is why my last short term thing did not last. Usually they will like me but after a few months we just stop talking - it becomes obvious there's nothing there. I'd rather upgrade my pc over watching a hockey game.

It's NOT about types, it's about having something in someone where you are able to be with them hours and hours in a row. I think certain things throw accross a certain first impression sure, but that's it. Common interests help, but they only help- Or sometimes the opposite is true, honestly just depends.

Also depends what you consider to be 'fit'. I look like I'm in shape but if you told me to run to the top of my street, I'd maybe make it halfway, lol.

Are you saying you find these women who magnetize to you not attractive?

Are you saying you find these women who magnetize to you not attractive?

I don't have any women that magnetize to me. I wish! It seems like I'm "not their type" regarding to the women who I would like to spend time with or I find attractive. I'm really into the punk rock/metal tattoo/ bad girl types or even the artsy/hippy/indie/college girls...but sometimes we don't have the same interests and I definitely do NOT dress or have similar lifestyles. In college, I was in the music crowd but I had another group where I would hang out with the frat/sororities. I never really was in ONE specific group.

I'm asking if maybe there is a group of girls that I may have been blinded too, when reality, these are the types of girls I should have been trying to make friends all along.

I don't find that a particular type is attracted to me. I tend to attract a lot of black men (I have a bubble butt), latinos, white douchebags, preppies, rock guys etc... I will 'click' more with my own type preference (which is extroverted geeky - or at least not painfully shy geeky), and hence initiate with these people more. They tend to be generally more intimidated around the douche bag types (I tend to somehow blend in with them too) at parties, so I've learned to be more forward as no one reads me off as a geek. Everyone always looks at me with shock of horror when I tell them my profession.

If you know how certain people perceive you (first impressions), then you can mould what you say to counter that.

You're over analysing it imo, every man/ woman is different...you can't just put them into groups. I think there are people though who might be too good for some people so I'm not going disillusion myself about that. I don't chase after guys who I know will never be interested in me.

Maybe go to something that involves your interests? If you're at a place you love, and are passionate about, does help. I'm in more likelihood going to meet someone interesting to me at a computer store than a car show - of course - I could meet someone at a car show - but I'm probably more likely to find interesting people at the other place because first off I'm probably more happy so I am projecting myself better. None of these things happen by looking for them. Also a lot of it would be your self-projection of yourself - what you think of yourself, DOES rub off on other people.

It's more about who is interesting to you , NOT about wanting to be interesting to them.

Also, meeting people for long-term at a bar is not the best idea.

It's not so much having things in common, but being able to keep each other interested through whatever ways or means, conversation, etc.

The truth is, you could be very attractive and it's still hard to find a long-term match. Yeah, very attractive people may attract more people initially - but long term? They may have lots of prospective partners but thats all it is. I have met tons of people I just don't click with.

A good thing is just knowing what you're passionate about. And you have to love yourself.

A good thing is just knowing what you're passionate about

I do. That's not a problem. I feel like my problem is the fact that I don't "fit" with a certain group and it makes me to have millions of acquaintances. Some are considered friends more than others but these friends don't hang out with each other. Am I the only one that has a lot of these situations?

A girl wants an "alpha male"...but I'm only an alpha male in different situations. For example: When I go out to the club with my club-type friends they seem to be the ones in charge...but if we go out to a bar/concert setting, I'm the one who is more in charge and talking to the same kind and it makes me popular among the group. Does that make sense??

I think youre just over thinking it a bit. Yes, we all tend to have more acquaintances then best friends compared to elementary school.

There is someone out there for you, and they are going to want you when you love yourself. It's more attractive because you have more life and happiness coming out of you.

You're never going to fit with people perfectly, that's what makes us unique. It's normal for them to not all hang out together. I have tons of friends that can't be in the same room together.

No. I really don't. That's why I asked the question.

I know that I'M not a STEREOTYPE. If anything I confuse people. My roommate thought I was a super tech guy. I don't know what she based that on, but she freaked out when I told her I know NOTHING about computers.

Also, I don't look or play the musician type. I was raised as a preppy kid but hung out with the punk rockers. I would wear polo when they wore spiky jackets, mohawks, etc..

I do agree...I just LOOK plain but my interests are extreme. I listen to metal. I watch sports. Most ALL of my musician friends don't have much of a passion for sports that I do. I was always the BETTER athlete when we played hoops. When I play with my NON-Musical friends, I'm below-average to them.

Maybe since you are interested in music, and I guess want to attract women who are interested in music, you should try to look 'more like your personality', you know what I mean? Like if you're not preppy, don't dress preppy..

I really don't see how people judge confidence. I have felt that I have WAY more confidence than other men, but still these guys end up with girlfriends. I mean, in the past, most of these girlfriends even COMPLAIN to me how their boyfriends can be "pitiful", "scared", ect...

you should try to look 'more like your personality', you know what I mean? Like if you're not preppy, don't dress preppy..

I've tried the punk rock look. I doesn't feel right to me. It always feel like I'm playing "dress up." I think it has to do with piercings, tattoos, hair style, etc... I WISH I could be that way, but it's just not me and people will see that I'm not relax.

It's funny though. I'm not sure if girls put a lot of emphasis on musical tastes regarding dating, etc... I reached out to a girl on a dating site that mentioned a lot of bands (hardcore/metal/punk) bands that I listen to. I messaged her something like " and don't forget band, band, band, band, etc..." These bands I knew 100% she either liked or heard of. She never even replied back. Bummer. And she was closer to MY AGE... most girls that are into these bands are 17 - 22 years old. I know this, because these are the bands that I work with.

Hmm, maybe not. I like music, and I've liked guys that weren't that into music in the past. Since they weren't really into music, they didn't really care what music I listened to. However, if a guy's really into rap music (I'm totally not), it's kind of a turn off for me. Maybe not a deal breaker, but a turn off. The only thing is having the same kind of musical tastes could be an opener for going to a concert together or something.

However, for some people I've noticed musical tastes are extremely important, even for friends. I had this one friend who couldn't stand the fact I liked pop music and tried to 'convert' me into being a heavy metal music fan. It seemed like the type of girl he usually went for was into metal too. I guess it just depends on the person. It's almost like you don't really GAIN by liking the same kind of music, but you can LOSE by liking a different genre than the one that they're a die-hard fan of.

Go to parties/concerts that cater to your interest and meet people. Be open to women you like, dont focus on who is attracted to you, open your eyes for the right kind of eye contact. Online dating is NOT where dating started you know.

If a woman wouldnt like your beard, she would just tell you to loose it if you would be open to that. and the ones who don't even consider you ,you dont want anyway.

Dating is tough, make no mistakes, and only you can figure out what the right formula is in attracting enough or the right attention. But you need to get creative, because the competition is tough.

Just be your confident self and keep on approaching the ones you like. I'd say approach a diverse group of women and see who responds, date them, and then make up your own mind

Style does matter if you want to interest certain people. People look at me and they stereotype me as someone sitting on a door-step rapping and drinking 40's while going in and out of jail. Yet I played (and still play) and do all the dorky stuff, I am talking Dungeons and Dragons (I am talkings books and dice), Magic the Gathering, I collect zombie movies, browse alien and monster websites every few hours, man.. I am watching gi-joe right now...

If a girl comes to me and starts rapping or talking ghetto... i would tell her to get lost. I wear what I wear because its comfort, because I like the way I look in them. I approach a girl at a comic convention she will think I am trying to sleep with her and throw her out, or use her to steal the 6 bucks and 4 dimes she has in her bank account. I remember i approached a hipster at a bar and she had a face of disbelief in her face, if i didnt have her laughing, her dork-force men behind her would have intervened.

So I do believe its not a one style fits all policy. When I dress in work attire, man... even if i shave off my facial hair, all of a sudden I am a new person, race, and style and I become approachable to different women.

For the record, i love mis-matches. I liked that my ex was a techno-dancing suburban girl. We clashed in a cute way.

I usually go for women who are moderately talkative or quiet (somewhere in the center). I try to go for women who have a lot of similiar interests such as myself. I'm not really big a television person for example. I don't do a lot of clubbing, drinking or hanging out too much. I like to read and admittingly, sometimes I just enjoy a stimulating conversation. I watch sports, I'm into photography, I like to travel. Things like that. I can be a bit of a joker sometimes, but overall I'm really chill -- laidback.

I think I tried to ask this question but many said don't worry about it...but I read something online and it makes sense not to waste your time reaching out to people when you know that they won't bother with you. Of course, it can change but it would be a lot more effort for both parties.

I don't like to be in "leagues" but I do like to know what type of women are most likely to be attracted to me. Is there a way to figure out? Or is this wishful thinking. I mean, I know I HAVE NO chance going out with a FIT girl. It seems like a geeky girl would be more attractive to a geeky guy, right?

I have facial hair..Are there certain lady types that like beards, etc?

You can only really know after noticing what type of people are attracted to you.

I tend to attract guys that are looking for a goody two shoes type of girl, and then I disappoint them.

Archived