OkSky

Yup. 8 days.

This place is so full of cynicism it's ridiculous. Rug sweeping? No.. What you haven't seen is our daily discussions about us. You haven't had the person to person look into our lives. She messed up, she knows it, and she knows I only forgive once for something like this. 8 days.. yes. You can count. Congrats.

I really don't think I'll be coming back here for any type of discussion. It's just a forum to argue for arguments sake.

I think what hes saying is that you should just be careful. Your wife took some pretty massive steps to step all over you, and your relationship. Pretty much cheated in my opinion and thats no small thing. The mental steps needed to take those actions are huge. So for her to suddenly (in 8 days) be all reformed, and you guys be happy as clams... well thats easy to do for a few days. Pretend it didnt happen, say it wont happen again and all is forgiven etc. What happens when you guys have a fight a month from now, or two months, and this guy calls her up to see how shes doing? What then? Ive been down this road myself before and the best advice I can give you is to tell her flat out that this behavior is a deal breaker for you. If you must give it a second chance, then do so. But tell her clearly that its her second, and last chance and the first time you ever see her talking to this scumbag again its over between you. That means no emails, no calls, no texts nothing. If he emails her she hits 'spam', if he texts her she hits 'erase', phones her, she hangs up. Etc. There cant be any , well I just asked him how he was doing.. nothing happened though were just friends now. No, hes gotta be gone. And youve gotten be firm about it... otherwise you are hosed in this situation. Good luck.... and dont let a few bad posts disuade you... its good to get different perspectives, at the very least you will get an idea how other people deal with similar situations. Ignore the ones you cant agree with, take what advice you can.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived