Probably overanalyzing but why hasn't she text me back?

Superus

Met this girl in class I got her number so we could study. But the following couple days I haven't talked to her since i got the number because it's hard to get free time to talk. Sometimes I do have opportunities but I ignore her because I don't want her to think I like her. So yesterday I started conversation with her about her sorority and then she asked me if I was in one etc. I asked her major and she asked what mine was too.. I was kind of actin weird in the conversation because I thought my breath smelled lol so I was mumbling or trying not to talk in her direction haha.

So I noticed she was talk and laugh by herself about her stories when she would tell them to me but sometimes she wouldn't keep eye contact with me while talking. She could talk about something and she would look straight and then look at me atthe last minute. Ok fine I was acting the same way. All of a sudden this girl interrupted our conversation and next thing you know it I'm competing for talk time. I think I pretty much lost because they were talking most of the time but I ended the Convo.

So that was cool that I talked to her etc. After class she zoomed out. I didn't get a chance to ask her if she want to study this week. So I texted her 30 mins later asking if she want to study. This is the first time I texted her and by doing this she got my number as well. She hasn't replied yet and it's been 1 day I don't get it? In class she's never on her phone and never calls anyone but sometimes she brings it out and I don't know what she does with it.

I just asked if she wanted to study together? I'll see her Monday and if she doesn't respond it would be awkward. I don't see why she wouldn't respond it's not like I asked her out on a date. Just wanted to study! She gave me her number by saying "oh Definitly I'll join!"

What gives?

Cliff notes

. Got girl number in class

. Texts her if she wants to study

. Never replies back

. I see her Monday it's going to be awkward

. No reason for her not to text me back just asked to study together

Hmm well I don't really know. Maybe she thought you had other motives beyond studying even if you didn't. Did you name a specific time or day the study session would take place? If you didn't, maybe she thought you just meant you would like to study with her SOME time in the future so she didn't think it was urgent to respond to.

Yea but I feel it's inconsiderate to not reply to a simple study question. when Monday rolls around should I ask I she got my text msg or just forget about it and talk to her like nothin happened?

I still find it kind of odd cuz I honestly thought she would be cool to be around with. I don't really know her yet but her personality is vibrant.

She finally text me back and she said " Hey Superus! Lol section rec that's good to know. Sorry for delayed response. Do u and other ppl already have a time set up to meet? Otherwise let's discuss planning study group monday in class cuz things r a bit hectic this week 4 me."

What do u guys think

Looks just like a study group set-up, especially when shes mentioning "other people". Just approach as a friend, and dont make her out to be bigger than what she is. Obviously you should be studying with her, you will ruin it really bad if you keep trying to get her attention. So I would study, and stop and stretch after a good chunk of time, get something to drink (which signals without saying it that you are taking a little mini-break) and return to your seat and maybe discuss what you are studying (or ask her for help), and lead that into some teasing, small convos on interests, ambitions etc., then go right back into studying.

A study group isnt really the best time to try to create attraction. You are better off doing really small talk, and trying to focus on steering any convo into stretching her time with you on something else afterwards (there is some great coffee next door, have you ever been to blah blah).

Also, talk to people eye to eye, dont look away. I do this too, but I never do this when I talk to a woman I want. Talk in a good volume, dont mumble. Dont lean toward her either, sit straight and talk loud enough that she can hear you. When you are in a group (like when her friend approached), its socially awkward to try to snatch her away to talk to you, so you have to involve her friends. I would tease both, get both to share interests with you, but focus on the girl you like. Nothing is better than a guy that can take over a circle of friends while the girl that you like is noting your presence around her friends. Think, I want to make friends with everybody, but i want to joke and tease and be interested in the interests of one girl in the group more.

I text her back and she responded rather quickly this time. She said "Cool I can do Tuesday (any time b4 5pm) if u guys can as well!! Next week I also have Thursday from 330-930pm avail but usually Thursdays I can't. Sorry for confusion on my end. Thanx for contacting me. Let me kno what works 4 y'all."

I just said I only have only 1 other person in the group. I also told her the days I can't make it and can make it. I told her Tuesday Thursdays are the only days I could do.

Archived