The No Contact rule - A question

Tomuch2hope

Well said. When someone breaks up with you, the smart thing to do is to go away with your dignity intact, as soon as possible. If you freaked out at first, that's normal, but in that case I'd give a very brief apology, wish the person well and then quietly go away. You can't talk a person out of breaking up with you. I mean, you can if they're wavering, perhaps, and/or you may get them back temporarily by employing guilt or fear, but it won't last. But if you've been unequivocally dumped, you have no real choice but to accept it with dignity and disappear (for all intents and purposes) from their life.

I've also found from experience that going away completely (that is, avoiding the person and not initiating any contact) does give you the best chance at reconciliation. The main thing, though, is that it really helps you grow and move on. Once you've moved on, anything is possible, and you'll generally find you can do "better" than your ex.

I think exes should be able to maintain some kind of friendship when things end. After all, you were with that person because there was something(s) that you liked about them. To go 100% NC is just immature. I've always told my gf's during the relationship that if in the event that it ends I hope that we can maintain some kind of friendship. That said, there have be a few of them that made it a point to NOT be friends after a breakup just because I said that. Those are the exes I think the lowest about. Bitterness only hurts the person being bitter.

I think it depends on the breakup... in my situation I was dumped for a possible case of GIGS... I think the best possible thing I can do is leave his life completely so he can realize what it would be like without me... weather that ends up in a reconciliation we'll see... but I feel that NC is the best course of action.

Sorry, but whats GIGS?????

Grass is Greener syndrome, typically when one party wants to go out and see if he or she can do better than you, or already have someone lined up and want to see if the replacement is better than their existing partner

Archived