The First Kiss Timeline...

Crusader9

...so, mid-30's dating, when should a "first kiss" happen?

I know, everyone is different, and every situation is different. Let's talk generalities... First, met online, had one coffee/drink date. Then hung out three more times (dinner, etc.)...nothing crazy, but we get along really well and laugh, tell some personal stories, and just getting to know each other in general. I've only gotten a hug good night each time (same as the first time we met as strangers!...seems weird to me).

I was going to "make a move" the other night, but just didn't seem to fit and at the end of the night, it just seemed like I didn't get a good opportunity and I don't want it to seem forced somehow. I am a little shy when it comes to this stuff, but not a shy person. I think she is probably the same...not shy, but maybe a little "reserved'...she has used that term before!

What do you think is a reasonable time? I'm thinking one more date...we're not talking sex or anything, but something to let me know we're both on the same page you know?

Am I overthinking this...?

I'd be really confused if the guy kept asking me on dates yet never did anything physical such as a kiss, holding my hand or hand over the shoulder to say the least. I can be slightly sexually aggressive, so probably if I was into the guy by the 4th date and he never did anything - I'd probably just jump on him and start making out.

Archived