eightdoc

My ex and I were together for ten months, he's a doctor and I work on a rota system so due to our jobs we didn't see much of each other but when we did it was amazing and we kept in regular contact til last month. Then some things happened in his home life and he had a hard time. He reduced communication but still kept in contact. I rang him one night worried about him and we talked, I told him how I felt about him and he told me everything was fine and made plans to spend the weekend with me, were everything was perfect and he was the most loving man i ever met. Then one week later he told me he couldn't do this as we had no future, and i loved him more than he did me, and dumped me. I asked about trying to be friends but he said no further contact between us would be best. So I'm a wee bit confused. I've not contacted him since as I feel at the minute there is no point in doing so because I think chasing him will only drive him away, and also I in a previous relationship I ran after an ex for five years and we kept getting back together, but each time I lost some of myself. But what the hell do I do? I love him and want to get back with him, should I give him space and see how he is in a month or so? Or just give up on him?

My gut says hang in there for a while but continue to live my life but my head says its denial and I should just give up on him.

I'm so sorry.... But, he has ended it - he states he sees no future in this and you must believe him. Will he sort his head out and come back to you once he realizes what a mistake he made... possibly but possibly not. All you can do at this very moment is grieve what you've lost and find a way to move on... easier said than done I know!

You've made a rationale choice - NO CONTACT... because indeed it is chasing... it looks desperate and it pushes someone further away, but you also have to realize that sitting around waiting never got anyone anywhere. You have to accept your breakup. You have to move on. If he figures out that he made the wrong choice then its up to you to decide it that's the street you want to go down again. Until then you have to face the very real truth that he isn't around right now and most likely isn't returning.

Love yourself the best by letting this go as painful as it is...

Good Luck

Archived