Shy guys and physical advances/intimacy...

XxJustMexX

• 1 month later...
I'd guess two months of your consistent lead would be a good time frame to start to notice changes in him.

Oh never mind, I think you're right - just get him liquored up and have your way with him.

Two months...? *sigh* Well, I'm sure I have the time... and I'm sure he's not going anywhere soon lol. Will do.

But I'm telling you, come November 1st, there's some ruffies going in his drink!!!

Wow. A day late but damn. Time flies! I was perusing the forums and found my old post and saw this one and can't believe it's been two months already since I've written this. And no. I didn't have to resort to ruffies!

Just in case anyone cares for an update... He's a lot better with advances. I no longer feel like he's absolutely terrified of me. He's still a little insecure and skittish but with my constant assurance, he's definitely inching closer and closer to being more confident in himself. I no longer feel hesitant with him either. Sometimes, yes I do have my bad days when my own insecurities question things, but then I just remind myself that he IS definitely trying and is making effort in coming out of his comfort zone so that makes it better for me.

One thing he seems to really have trouble with is holding hands though. I don't necessarily need it, but it'd be nice sometimes. I don't want to have to think "will he be ok, will he not like it" every time I hold his hand. I don't know, I guess some people just aren't into holding hands... He seems genuinely jumpy and seems to pull back the few times I tried it so I kind of just gave up on that and haven't really tried anymore.

I do notice a big change in everything else so for that I'm grateful. He's still a bit nervous initiating things himself but it's definitely improved since the original post. And I no longer question whether he wants me to initiate or not. He's very receptive to my advances so that's a big step forward. He makes me happy in every other way possible so this is no longer a huge issue... Do I wish there was a little more intimacy? Yes. But am I ok that there's not? For now. Because I do believe he's just battling some insecurity demons within him and I refuse to believe it has anything to do with me and let those demons win. Besides, I get plenty of hugs and kisses now... just because he isn't necessarily coming up to me and initiating, I do know that he's happy when I give them to him so for now, that's ok.

That's great, I'm happy for you. It sounds like he's trying to work past his demons, and that's always a good sign. Maybe with the hand holding, you can make a small habit of holding his hand at appropriate times for just a few seconds and then release. When he learns he won't be making this PDA for long periods of time, it should help him relax around the issue. You'll know it's working when he grabs your hand back. Good luck, and enjoy.

Archived