Survey: How long were you with ex/reason for breakup?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

1. 19 months

2. 15 months

3. When we broke up, he told me that he needed to be alone to work on his issues. A few weeks later, I found out that he had left me for an old ex-girlfriend of his who is 16 years older than me and who he encouraged me to be friends with during our relationship. I recently found out from him that things didn't work out between them and that he's not too happy with his life.

4. Me = 30. Him = 40.

1. 4 years, 9 months

2. 3 weeks ago

3. Committment problem? Who knows. When I mentioned moving our relationship to next level, he brought up all these things that were bothering him about me that he never mentioned before. Things that were a part of who I am, not things I was doing to him. We decided it was best to split.

4. Me = 33, him = 35

• 4 years later...

1) How long were you with your ex?

1 year, 1 month, and 9 days (March 16, 2009 - April 25, 2010)

2) How long has it been since the breakup?

Almost 2 months

3) Why do you think you two broke up?

He said the distance was too hard and that we disagreed on whether to have kids. He didn't give other reasons, but afterwards I learned that he has a lot of issues that may have contributed to it.

4) 27. He was about to turn 27.

1) 3.5 years

2) 1 week of official split (2 months since she left town)

3) She wanted to explore her life and all it had to offer in solitude. Didn't feel like she got to experience that yet. Moved to another city to do that.

4) me: 32 her: 26