How do I dress pretty when Ive gained weight?

I have gained some weight since March. I am exercising but havent been eating quite well..i tend to overeat. i now weigh 56kgs,i used to 48kgs..so its a lot for me. I am 1.58mt tall and my clothes especially jeans wont fit me. I have been wearing baggy tees and track panse most of the time as i dont feel comfortable wearing tight jeans. I miss how my clothes used to fit on me when i was slim. Even my own mother says im gone plumpy and need to cut down on the chocolate. I find it hard to stick to a diet as well. But i have cut bread out of my diet just the chocolate needs to go. My bf is coming to see me for my birthday weekend..so yes theres more junk eating ahead. I want to look good and still feel pretty even though I have gained this weight....my jeans wont fit me and i hate tight fitting clothing. What can i wear to look pretty while out on a date with my bf but still feel comfortable?

Just get some new clothes in a new size! You can still look very pretty as long as you are wearing clothes that fit you properly. I don't know your body type, but if you look it up there are lots of suggestions in terms of what kinds of clothes are the most flattering on specific body types.

How about a cute dress. Wrap dresses are wonderful for hiding a multitude of sins. The key with dressing to fit curves isn't to cover them up in big clothes (It just makes you look larger and more lumpy) but rather to accentuate the natural shape- play up the smallest parts. Umpire waisted dresses are good for that, or a good waist sinching belt which will draw attention the the smallest part of your waist. If you don't want to wear jeans, definitely go for dresses and skirts. Stick to A line skirts, as the flare will be more flattering. Also, it's amazing what a good pair of SPANX can do. They are seriously every woman's friend and make all the lumps and bumps go away. Every model you see in runway regardless of size wears them. I recommend getting a good pair to go under your dress/skirt. I warn you they are definitely not the most comfortable garmet out there, but you will be amazed at how they smooth everything out!!

The key is making fashion work for YOU. I feel every woman, at every size can dress great you just have to know how to work the clothes to fit your body. Good luck!!

Cutting foods out of your diet will only temporarily solve your problem of weight. If you don't figure out the trigger to you over eating, or learn to better proportion your meals, this will happen to you again. Eating a well rounded meals with meat, green veggies and a starch is good for your body if the proportion is right. I am personally an emotional eater. When I cut something I love out of my diet, I am miserable which then makes me overcompensate by over doing it on something else, then breaking diet and over eating what I had cut out. Then I feel worse because I cheated, which then makes the cycle continue. A small portion of chocolate in your daily diet will not hurt you. Don't punish yourself but cutting things out, treat yourself when you have been eating better proportions.

As for how do you dress pretty when you've gained weight. Here is advise coming from a heavier girl...if you don't feel comfortable in your own skin, you will never feel sexy/pretty. It has taken me a long time to realize that. When you have come to the point where you accept your body the way it is, knowing you can do things to be healthier, but in general being happy with it, that's when you will start to feel pretty when you dress. The dresses suggestions are good from the people above. Also, I have found if you have on a bra and panty set that is slightly sexy under your clothes, you tend to have more confidence in those clothes. I hope you figure it out!

I myself have put on weight due to medications, which I've been trying to lose on a lowering my carb intake diet. It worked at first, now it's stalled out. Anyway, I wear clothing that is stylish and in my size. I also wear dresses on occasion that are figure flattering. But like you I enjoy having a comfy pair of jeans, those you have to buy in your new size, but stay away from baggy they make you look bigger. Get fitted clothing that conceils your problem areas.

• 1 month later...

Archived