Have i been given the brush off?

I have written on here before about having a crush on a man that works in the apartment building where i live. Things have slowly started progressing and i've been flirting with him and we've had coffee and chat at my place together and all went reasonably well.

We text each her back and forth to and it's always "clean" but a little flirting here and there.

I messaged him today about lunch time about a job i had found for him (he's experienced in carpet cleaning and wanted to get back into it again and asked me if i know of anyone) i found someone today and text him to let him know. All day went by and no response (highly unusual as he responds within mins) and when he did respond some 6 hours later he said his battery was flat, thanked me for finding him the job and said he wishes me a wonderful weekend" so i wrote back "thank you darling. hope u have a wonderful weekend too. Mine wont be as good as i wont see your beautiful face around the place xx" and he wrote back "sweet dreams xx" and this was at 6.30pm!!!!!!!!

I cant help but think ive been given the brush off. Am i right to think this and if yes how do i handle it???

Batya i've been forward with him right from the start. I compliment him a lot and he knows im interested. He even told me last night he liked spending time alone with me and that im beautiful etc. This just seems so different to what he is usually like. I am a little shocked.

My guess is that your style of sending these types of texts is having the opposite effect on him that you would like. When I was single (not too long ago!) I much preferred specific compliments, in person or on the telephone, that didn't focus on my physical features. It was nice to hear the mushy "I won't sleep well without seeing your beautiful face" kind of thing once in awhile but especially if it was typed it started to get old pretty quickly.

Well, it's hard to say from this little info, to be honest. But some people just aren't good with texting, you know. I've known people who are much more outoing, friendly, flirty etc. in person than they are by text. Did he say that he liked being alone with you, think you're beautiful face-to-face? Did his texts used to be more forward? If he said those things face-to-face, and his texts have always been the same way - I'd say it's just the way he is. Maybe he's not big on texting. And maybe he didn't text you back straight away, because he simply had a flat battery?

My guess is that your style of sending these types of texts is having the opposite effect on him that you would like. When I was single (not too long ago!) I much preferred specific compliments, in person or on the telephone, that didn't focus on my physical features. It was nice to hear the mushy "I won't sleep well without seeing your beautiful face" kind of thing once in awhile but especially if it was typed it started to get old pretty quickly.

Thanks for that advice and something that i am going to keep in mind.

What do you think is the best way to proceed from here? Should i not make any form of contact until he contacts me first?

Well, it's hard to say from this little info, to be honest. But some people just aren't good with texting, you know. I've known people who are much more outoing, friendly, flirty etc. in person than they are by text. Did he say that he liked being alone with you, think you're beautiful face-to-face? Did his texts used to be more forward? If he said those things face-to-face, and his texts have always been the same way - I'd say it's just the way he is. Maybe he's not big on texting. And maybe he didn't text you back straight away, because he simply had a flat battery?

He did say the reason he took so long to reply was because of a flat battery. He seemed like a texter before, talking back and forth with texts and he has never said anything face to face to me, the beautiful compliments, liking spending time alone and wanting to do it all again were all via text message - which is why i cant figure out the sudden change.

Thanks for that advice and something that i am going to keep in mind.

What do you think is the best way to proceed from here? Should i not make any form of contact until he contacts me first?

Yes I would leave the ball in his court- sounds like he has a busy weekend planned.

I don't think that was a brush off.

I don't, either. Sounds like the guy is preoccupied with trying to find work right now since he was asking you if you knew anyone. I realize he works in the apt building, but he is looking for something better, it sounds like.

I have an update

He called me about lunch time and left a voicemail message saying he just wanted to say "hi" i called back a couple of hours later and he said he wanted to come see me after work, just to catch up for coffee and drink.

He then called me half an hour later than he was meant to come telling me he was working late and had to meet someone in an hour and couldnt make it - he called me sweetie and i told him that was ok and to take care and that was that.

I wonder what to makes of all this?

Archived