looks like im seeing my ex next month, advice?

ned2010

a friend of mine wants to meet up next month around my birthday and my ex is possibly coming along, its been a year since i seen her

i still have feelings for her, but she has a bf now, and i dont know what it will be like but i do miss her

but dunno how she feels towards me

any tips?

She's with someone and you want to know how she feels about you?

I'll give you one guess. Just one.

I'd uninvite her. If she asks why, just tell her you're not ready to see her yet. 'Cause it's true. And only bad things can happen if she comes...like imagine if she's coming and wanted you to meet her new BF? How would that play out?

Nah man, you're not ready. You still have feelings for her. Don't see her...

I agree. If she has a new boyfriend, you are setting yourself up for heartache in having to hear about it, or by increasing how much you miss her just by being around her. I would tell your friend you'd like to meet up without you ex, and explain why. Even if your friend tells your ex what you have said, should she have feelings for you then she would seek you out to tell you so. Chances are she has moved on and you will only be set back by seeing her. I know its tempting, but I would refrain.

I know everyone is saying don't go, but I'm not so sure that's the best course of action. This is your friend too. You cannot alienate yourself from good freinds because she may be there. I know it sucks. My ex and I have lots of mutual friends. While I have still not seen her since the breakup, It's only a matter of time. However, i'll be damned if I miss out on good times with my friends because of that succubus. If you don't go, it will show her, 1 year down the road, that you are weak. It will show her that she still controls your life. Don't give her that satisfaction and don't disappoint your friend. Get out there man, live life. You don't need her.

I know everyone is saying don't go, but I'm not so sure that's the best course of action. This is your friend too. You cannot alienate yourself from good freinds because she may be there. I know it sucks. My ex and I have lots of mutual friends. While I have still not seen her since the breakup, It's only a matter of time. However, i'll be damned if I miss out on good times with my friends because of that succubus. If you don't go, it will show her, 1 year down the road, that you are weak. It will show her that she still controls your life. Don't give her that satisfaction and don't disappoint your friend. Get out there man, live life. You don't need her.

Oh yes he can! In this situation all you need to think of is what is best for yourself...and quite honestly if a friend couldn`t understand my reason for not hanging out when there is a chance of meeting her, well that would be the least of my worries...

Oh yes he can! In this situation all you need to think of is what is best for yourself...and quite honestly if a friend couldn`t understand my reason for not hanging out when there is a chance of meeting her, well that would be the least of my worries...

I agree. Plus, it's the OP's birthday. It's THEIR day of celebration. The friend should definitely respect that.

In this early stage, it would be better to celebrate your friend's birthday one on one. True friends would understand and it should be no big deal.

Just be careful. I had a run in with the ex in a similar situation and it set me back a truck load. Especially seeing him with his new girlfriend. I prepared myself for it, knew I would be seeing him (Though at the time didn't know he was seeing anyone until I actually saw it with my own eyes) but all the mental preparation in the world didn't really prepare me for it. Just be careful is all I'm saying. Had I known it would have hurt me and set me back as much as it did, I definitely with out a doubt wouldn't have gone.

Archived