After finally implementing NC, my ex has resurfaced again. I know he reads my blog, and I now know he is answering threads I've posted on other forums. He hasn't called or e-mailed me directly but I know he will. I can feel it.

And the best part? I don't even have the urge to respond. Not now, not when I've worked so hard and he could send it all toppling on down. I want to be fully, 100% ok before I respond. This autumn I will even be on vacation near where we both used to live (another country), where he still lives. I'll invite him to dinner then and he'll see the weight I've lost, the smile that is on my face and the inner peace I have. And he'll feel happy for me, and I'll be happy for myself too. But until then, no.

Just no.

****** EDITED FOR CLARITY ******

He is actively commenting on my blog, under his own name.

He is actively responding to my posts on other forums, again under his own name.

And just about a minute after I posted this thread, I received an e-mail from him asking how my fourth of July was.

I know he has too much pride to pick up the phone and call right now but surprise! I stop contacting him and all of a sudden he is interested in what I have to say.

We broke up in Feb-March and were in contact almost regularly from then, up until a week ago when I immediately stopped all contact. I realized I was the one always contacting him and it was prohibiting my healing and so I stopped cold turkey, as he had been telling me I needed to do. I can't be the one who reaches out always as it stops me from concentrating on myself. I am proud of myself for even making it a week without saying a word to him. Never thought I could do it, but here I am and I will continue to do so.

If he wants me back he has to show some interest. Otherwise, it's completely over and I won't look back

Maybe I should have clarified:

He is actively commenting on my blog, under his own name.

He is actively responding to my posts on other forums, again under his own name.

And just about a minute after I posted this thread, I received an e-mail from him asking how my fourth of July was.

I know he has too much pride to pick up the phone and call but surprise! I stop contacting him and all of a sudden he is interested in what I have to say.

We broke up in Feb-March and were in contact almost regularly from then, up until a week ago when I immediately stopped all contact. I realized I was the one always contacting him and it was prohibiting my healing and so I stopped cold turkey, as he had been telling me I needed to do. I can't be the one who reaches out always as it stops me from healing.

If he wants me back he has to show some interest. Otherwise, it's completely over and I won't look back.

OK, you gotta start somewhere, but as I like to say ... he's gonna have to do better than this.

So proceed with caution (which means do nothing for now).

Agreed.

After the breakup 2 years ago, my ex would regularly check on my blog, and in fact he still does within 72 of me posting anything new. He would also comment on the posts i made on political forums that he and i both visited, and would respond to anything i said directly on his blog as well. However, it means nothing. Your ex needs to do more. I know you are looking for some kind of light, but he has to pick up the ball and run with it too. Otherwise, you are following a hopeless trail of frustration.

The reality is I am not looking for some kind of light.

Ever since a week ago, I'm very apathetic about the situation. I posted this more as being incredulous. I can't believe that when I ignore him suddenly my opinions matter. He has to do more if he wants to get back with me, that's for sure. But it's a start.

He hasn't come back if you have been communicating with him on a regular basis up until a week ago...how is that coming back ?? one week is nothing...

Like the others have said for an ex to come back there has to be a whole lot of NC like months...and since you both have kept up the communication he never really left nor did you in a sense...

Archived