Should i take the cahnce and go meet my friend?

So I have a friend on fb who i haven't met yet, we really connect on a friend level. We have converstaions about life,music..anything. I really like talking to him and he is a nice guy. However he wants to meet me and take me out for a music show and i want to go but i have a bf who is very overprotective and always asks where i am, what im doing,who im with,etc. My bf and i are in a serious relationship but long distance. I am not sure whether to just go with my friend and enjoy the show or turn him down. I asked my friend if we will be going alone and he said yes since he got 2 free tickets.We are going as friends and nothing more. I am 24 and he is 22. Should i go or not? If i do tell my bf he will be against me going as he is very jealous also but i love him.

I would not go meet this young man unless your boyfriend is invited, too. It is very clear that this young man is taking you on a one on one date. While your boyfriend may be overprotective, I would have a huge problem if this happened to me - that my boyfriend met a woman on Facebook and she asked him to go out one on one to a movie or to see a music show. Does the guy know you have a boyfriend or does he know but you complain about him to this guy? To be on the safe side, I would not accept it to avoid affairs - emotional or otherwise. Also, because you are even telling us that you "love your boyfriend..but..." that YOU are considering it some sort of date too.

Yes this guy knows about my boyfriend and he knows that i love him,etc. But i dont know now whether to chance this and go..and you maybe right..maybe my friend sees this as a date but even in school i have always had friends who are mostly guys.

Girls and guys can't be friends.... because guys n girls can't get the wrong signal that this is an actual date and not just hang out. For example, you think its just a hang out with a friend, but he thinks it's a date. Even if you make it clear to him, it probably won't get into his head because he probably does like you and wants to date you.

And going out with another guy is like cheating on your boyfriend unless more people are invited to this get together. Then it's just a hang out and your just hanging out with your friends.

You are dating someone with a completely different mindset about relationships. Most likely a good thing to date someone that doesn't care who you see. Either that or be firm and truthful with this man and explain to him you will be seeing other men and he isn't to question it. Good luck with that. I have a feeling this will not work out.

Either that or be firm and truthful with this man and explain to him you will be seeing other men and he isn't to question it. Good luck with that. I have a feeling this will not work out.

Yes..if he went out and saw other women and told her "you are not to question it," it wouldn't raise an eyebrow?? Having a partner that "doesn't have a problem" with you seeing other people of the opposite only applies to situations where you have an established friendship with your best friends family, her brother is like a brother to you and you grew up together and you get coffee to catch up once in awhile when he is in town with his family versus forging brand new male relationships that have no context.

I stand by the idea that if your boyfriend isn't invited then this 'friendship ' is not on the up and up

Archived