Things You Can Do To Get Yourself Back

I've realised probably since prior to the BU that I lost myself in that relationship. I've mentioned before that probably the most significant things I did to lose myself was that I became alienated from my friends, especially the ones who pracitse the same faith which I do(due to time caring for the ex's teenage children).

Well, today I got this feeling that I got a bit more of myself back. I woke up quite early today, and was motivated to get all my housework done.

I met a friend for breakfast then we came back to my place, played with the ponies and took them for a walk of a few kilometres. I got to spend more time with them today than I have since even prior to the BU.

I've begun practising my faith again.

I've been thinking out my employment career options.

I've gotten an even better relationship with my mum and some of my friends.

I'm making new friends

I've started dance classes

I've begun an artistic pursuit

I've made a commitment to myself to become the best person I can be for me.

Okay, what would you like to add to this list. Thanks

I have been thinking about his a lot lately and have put together a list as well.

Save 10,000 in the next 4 months

Get my house organized with the items I want to take with me when I move out and into a new place accross town

Get back to church and meet new friends

Excel at work with the new responsibilities I have been given

Go to some meet up groups to make new friends

Decide on a hobby to fill up some of my free time

Drink less

Stay away from old friends that are not good for me

Be patient with my healing process

Be sure to stay NC and never break it for any reason

This is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do. Start my life over after the ex. We had all the same friends and hobbies. I made the mistake of doing everything with her. I have now dumped all the mutual friends and now must start from scratch. I have only lived here 4 years and there is not a lot to do in this town. She has lived here all her life and has plenty of friends.

Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes but I must find a way to get through this. I went to a couple of meet up groups and really didn't meet anyone I clicked with. I think that made me feel worse since I was hoping to connect with a few people. I am still trying to figure out what I like to do. Man I still feel lost

Hey don't give up. LnL, maybe if you think about something you have always wanted to do, but never got around to, and then go and do it. Maybe it is a hobby or going to a class or a place.

Gotta go for a very early shift. Back later.

Well, I'm thinking out painting a large and colorful mandala to hang in my living room.

My list

1. Prepare to go to the school in the fall

2. Save as much money as I can

3. Work as hard as I can at my new summer job

4. Become a more friendly person to new people, not everyone is out to get me

5. Start running (I could run a mile in 7 min back in the day and I can now start running again)

6. Read as many books in my 32 book series as I can

7. Get a nice tan

Thats it for now but its a nice start

I don't have a tattoo smaller than a fist... I just got the entire outside of my left forearm done. It's the head of a decapitated geisha (sounds gorey, but shes actually beautiful). Here is a shot of most of it, can't fit it all in one picture as she wraps around my arm.

image removed

I couldn't bear that pain TJK. I have a really tiny one, and I nearly chickened out. Wish I had!

I can't seem to upload my most recent pics, but here is one taken of me 2 weeks ago riding Mac bareback. People tell me I look very happy here.link removed

How did you upload you photo TJK. Mine don't seem to upload for some reason.

I uploaded it to tinypic to host the image then just used the message board code. [img.]www.url.goes.here[/img.] without the periods.

Not going to lie, I'd dare say 50%+ of that tattoo was excruciatingly painful. I have the inside of that same forearm done, that one I barely batted an eye at... this one though.. it made me feel like a baby. Especially by my wrist and elbow... took over 3+ hours of chair time. Supposed to have it colored first week of July, but I honestly think I love it too much to color it, so I might just get my upper arm done then.

Jersey, even a plastic surgeoun suggested I just get my very small tattoo re-done as he said there will be a scar, but I thinkI will get it removed by dermabrasion instead. I really hate mine. Different I suppose for a guy. I had mine done a LONG time ago, and it doesn't look so great now.

Archived