Are my family members jealous or what??

Jaydedgirl

My mum's sister calls her every Monday without fail, the questions she basically asks her are how are the girls(my sister and i) doing,what are they doing and if we went somewhere ,where did we go? Now its rather general questions to ask,so nothing to bother about. But what upsets me is when she boasts about her daughter and how slim shes gone.. My mother doesn't brag about us nor does she choose to.

My cousin is 24 and im 25, I really don't give a damn what she does with her life to be honest. Coz once when my mum and myself saw her at the mall with her bf ,they saw us and we greeted them but they turned their heads and looked the other way as if they didn't see us. It really pissed me off coz she was disrespectful and rude especially since my mum greeted her with me. Her bf is just the same like her and he clings to her whenever i see them. This is not the first time shes done this, another time we were at the same mall and she saw us and started running with another guy she was dating at that time.

Yet her mother calls my mum just to boast about her daughter and what an angel she is. 2 YEARS ago i used to have her on this chat application MXIT, we used to chat as normal and i liked this one guy and i told her about him and told her to invite him so she could see if hes a liar and if he really likes me. Little did i know she snatched him away from me and he began dating her. Yes..my own cousin could do something like that to me. She dated him for a year,they hung out and went dancing and she even used to tell me about the love bites he used to give her on her neck.

So next week,there is a family function and im just not going to talk with them very much. I cant avoid them coz theyre family but at the same time I know they talk about me and my sister behind my back. I just wish i had family who i could get along with,not people who are jealous and envious. Now that i have a bf ..i wonder what she would do to try and steal him away. Oh but her mother talks so proud of her..it annoys the heck out of me...

I'm a little confused by your story. What exactly is giving you the indication they're jealous of you? Sounds like they just don't like you all that much. Classic inter-family conflict.

Jealous meaning that they keep wanting to know what we are up to and sometimes my cousin tries to copy my profile picture on fb. I have thick dark eyebrows and she has thinner brows, i noticed the last time i saw her she darkened it to make it look thicker and darker.

Archived