Oral sex

My boyfriend and I have been intamate for over a year now and he doesn't like to have oral sex with me. He likes when I do it, but he doesn't like to do it. He used to do it a lot, but not any more. He says it tastes bad Is it me? What can I do to make it taste/smell better. And if you're thinking I have bad hygene, I don't. What can I do? HELP ME!!!

Awww...that wasn't very nice of him to say that. He should've kept his mouth shut about the taste. It just kills your self esteem. You should tell him that.

If he refuses to go down south, then I suggest that you stop doing oral on him. It may be the only fair way...unless you really enjoy it. You can't make him do something he doesn't want to do. Plus if you guilt trip him into it, then it won't be a plearsurable experience for either of you.

Ok, well...normally I have to say, the taste is quite a turn on for me, so he might just be silly or something. But still, I would try and check. I mean, a "bad taste" can have a couple of reasons. I know that it can be affected by food...the time of your cycle (no I wasn´t talking about THAT), it may even be an infection of some sort...

All I can say so far is that you should try to keep it clean as good as you can...don´t use soap down there, but rather a special washing lotion for your intimate area. And maybe you could check the "smell" or "taste" yourself. If it really does taste bad like he says, there might be something wrong...if not...well then he´s just silly...as said above...

Oh yeah, and maybe you should try talking about that issue with him...talking is always a good solution...at least that is what I was told...lol

Is it just me being male or why do I not get this joke?! As far as I figured it is just another topic with an average hit count...well ok maybe a bit higher...but hey, if sex wasn´t interesting we all wouldn´t be writing here, right? Oh and btw...didn´t you look yourself, claire?! lol

I would suggest like som1 above said. Take a shower together. Make sure u are nice and clean and then try it. If its right after a shower there should b no real smell or taste and if there is, there could be some problem.

Its a difficult situation. Gl.

Note to stevie!

haha the irony was that i had looked! maybe its cos u r male that it went over your head! plus last night when i made comment it had double the hits of any other topic on the first page, so i thought it was funny. you are right about sex being interesting topic, i wasn't dismissing the actual problem, i just felt good advice had been given already and there was nothing more to add!

Yeah, my exgf hated the idea at first, she had one bad experience with oral sex and never wanted to do it again.

Personally, it's completely up to him. If he wants to satisfy you. He will suck it up and do it.

I didn't particularly like the taste at first. But now i love it. Make me feel good when i know special someone.

I am really glad that you guys have given me so much advice on this, but I'm sorry to say that I haven't had a chance to really try any of it, but I will and I will let you all know how it goes! I am still open to ANY advice if anyone has any other ideas that might work!

lilsht, I hope you have more success than I have.

In my case, I think it's a way for him to punish me. He has a non-giving and selfish personality. Maybe he sees the position (man subservient) as degrading for his male ego. Maybe giving me pleasure is not what he wants-he does have a cruel streak.

I have battled with his refusal to give me oral for almost 6 years!!! In 6 years it happened about only 5 times!! I am clean when I ask him to do it, I am healthy and I have a nice body. It's his hang up! MAybe he had a horrible experience years ago (a really dirty woman!).

And I have tried to talk about it MANY MANY times. I tried to find out the real reason behind it. I think it's the smell for him, or the taste, but he never really tells me the truth. He is very finnicky about food though (only wants to eat the same food and won't try anything exotic).

I hope you are mosre successful than me. I am resenting this so much. I think about breaking up all the time.

Also, I am sorry, the suggestion not to do it to him doesn't work. You know why? First, for me S will be a lot less interesting. Just to have intercourse gets so boring. I love to give him OS! So I won't be able to enjoy myself either.

Second, when I told him that I wouldn't give it to him either, he said he didn't care. And I really think he doesn't. Maybe for him S is a dirty thing (raised Catholic, really conservative family-maybe was taught S is bad).

It's helpless. It is very complicated and I don't know what else to do besides leaving him or finding a lover. OS done on me is my FAVORITE thing. I feel I am losing out on one of life's best treats.

Here's a personal question. Do you shave or trim your pubic hair? If you don't, I'd suggest shaving or making a landing strip, trimming being the last alternative if you just can't stand shaving. When I first went down on my girlfriend, I didn't like it too much, because her fluids were getting up in the bush and making for a nasty mess in which I could barely breathe, let alone pleasure her, so getting rid of the bush could be a step in the right direction. Plus, it makes you smell better down there, and subsequently taste (taste is directly related to smell)