He's coming back but i feel terrible

It has been six months since I broke up with him. We were together for 2 years everything great a t first and then it started going down hill. We argued all the time. We needed some time apart but never took it. It was my b-day he acted like he didn't even care so i said i have had enough got some of his stuff from my house took it to him and said it is over.

The next day i couldn't believe what i had did so i tried to talk to him but he wouldn't have anything to do with me. Needless to say 2 days after we broke up he was with someone. I knew it had to be a rebound because i think he is afraid to be alone.

Well this just did it for me. It put me a depression and i lost 30lbs statred seeing a therapist and trying to work through this. I even changed my cell number so he could only reach me at work.

In the first couple of months he would fight with the new girl and coming running to me. This happened twice and made me feel worse so i said no more and decided NO CONTACT.

Well 6 months later he calls and wants the copy of his tax return that i prepared for him. I said i would mail it to him and he wanted to know why I changed my cell number. I told him it was a way for me to move on. I know i borke up with him but i expected just to take some time apart not for him to jump stright into a relationship.

He asked if he could just stop by my house and pick up his tax return and i agreed. He stops by and he started telling me how unhappy he was. I told him that he was just using that girl as a rebound so he didn't have to be alone and that he shouldn't settle for anyone just because he didn't want to be alone. He said he still had feelings for me and missed me.

That was 3 weeks ago. He broke up with the rebound and we have been hanging out. I am so scared that he is going to run back to her or find someone else. Right now he says he dosen't want a realationship he wants to be single.

I know that he still talks to the rebound girl because she will call when i am around and he talks to her. I asked why and he said she owes him money and wants to make sure he gets it.

Can anyone help what should i do. I feel as if i am in limbo and i hate feeling this way. I feel like i don't trust him and am always worried i am going to get a call that they are back together. I love this man and want this to work but if i feel this way i don't know if it can.

You must RUN to the library and get a copy of Men Who Can't Love...this is a must read for you right now. You are not alone with this type of situation. Until I read this book, my last relationship had me thinking I was totally crazy. Read this book...it will make what you have been through very clear!!

well, my guess is that this guy is still confused... I would say that his phone call was an excuse to see you... but remember you dumped him, thereforeeee it may not be easy for him.

If you still love him as you mention, you may have to put effort on your part for getting him back. If you don't then let go.