I haven't come out of my shell with her..yet!

fitforlife

I've been dating this girl for a few months now. It's been tough because she's in college so seeing her is hard. We actually only go on dates roughly once every two to three weeks. We've been a little more talkative as of late, and I am going to begin making an effort to see her more (like on weekdays even though I work) but it has been tough for me to break out of my "shell". I am easing in, but it's not happening quickly.

I am a type of guy who is totally open, funny, and awesome with friends or people that I know. The problem is, when I am around people I don't know, I tend to kind of keep to myself until I get to know them (their interest, hobbies, etc). Well, I don't know her that well yet, so it's tough for me to really be "myself". Most of the times on our dates I try to be talkative, but it's not easy. And I know that I have broken through as my true self as of late, but not entirely. I know she is interested in me for sure now, but I don't to lose her for someone that's going to ease in with her right away. I am a great looking guy and I am honestly thinking she might be holding on to me for my looks (at least that's what my "twisted" mind is trying to tell me).

I made a move on her last time we went out though. A nice, long goodnight kiss. That alone has relieved a lot of worries on my chest. I finally feel my true self getting ready to come through to her. I just hope it's not too late. Can anyone relate, or have any suggestions?

Archived