Hey all, hoping to get some support, feeling some anxieties lately.

My husband and I have paid for a test to find out if he is the father of a child from a past relationship that I have known about from the beginning... he didn't cheat on me or anything, it all happened before he met me. We just want to know one way or the other so we can get on with our lives.

How do I get a handle on this situation and calm my nerves?

wow, that's a lot to handle, princess. i think you're right, the results of this test will have a huge impact on your relationship, especially if the child is his. if he is a responsible father, which i'm sure he is, he'll have to have contact with her for the sake of the child. i understand where you're coming from trusting him, but not the chick. i think that what you're feeling is natural. i'm not sure what to tell you at this point other than to try to not think about it until the day actually comes that you will get the test results..there's no use in over worrying yourself right now when you're unsure if there's anything to worry about at all. the best thing you can do for your man, who is probably just as worried/anxious as you are is to be there for him & support him.

Your gonna have to prepare to fight for yourself. If you think/know this woman still likes your man, then your gonna have to prepare for any of the lies or crap that she is going to be causing you. I think you should let your husband know now that you know this is coming, and that your gonna fight for him, and hope that he will fight for you. Good luck

ForAnother

Princess,

This is a really tough situation and I feel for you. There are a lot of sleezy chicks out there, and it's possible (probable) that she wants to find out if your husband is the father just for child support/ something to use to get him back. But you are lucky because you can trust your husband, which is more than a lot of women can say. If you are under a lot of stress and anxiety, imagine what your poor husband must be going through! Yelling or complaining about the woman and the situation won't help; the stress that would create could just drive him away from you. The best things to do is be super-supportive Superwife, offering lots of reassurance, hugs, and backrubs. It will remind him what a good thing he's got!

Unfortunately, dispite this woman's sliminess, the child is not at fault here and is an innocent party. If your husband is the father, he really owes it to his child to be a responsible father and visit with the child. It's just what a good person does. So suck it up, help him get through this, and offer lots of support, and you will never have to worry; you'll be the only one he wants to come home to.

Well, if the child is his, maybe you can get visitation rights. Doesn't sound like he's in a very stable home environment. I know it opens up a whole can of headaches for you if it is his child, but if both your love is strong enough, you can get through it. I promise.