Do you keep a Journal?

Im 24 years old and at this age I still feel the need to write down my feelings/thoughts on paper,sometimes talking to people doesnt help. I just am scared however that someone will find it and read all my deepest secrets and how I really feel about certain people and experiences. So I have to hide it away just in case. But i always wonder if i die tomorrow someone is bound to find it lol. Its always nice to write down about my day and maybe add a picture or two. What do u write about? Also do u hide your Journal?

I've always kept a journal. I don't write every day but it's fairly regular. I don't write in a notebook or anything. I use a password protected file on my laptop for my journal. I don't hide the fact that I keep one, but nobody reads it besides me. It's a place for personal reflection and isn't something I share. I share parts of it when I talk to some people, but a lot of it very, very personal. I like having it on the computer because then I can search through the document for entries from years and years ago. It's really interesting to do that sort of archeological dig through your life!

I write in a journal on here, though sort of sporadically ... generally when things are ok I won't write, but when things are really rough I'll be pretty prolific. I have written in a paper journal before but I do worry about someone reading it, especially as I keep moving and every time my do my parents move my stuff out of my old place and in to the new one with me! So no paper journal any more. I write to get my feelings out and also in the hope that someday I might look back on what I've written and think "Wow, you've come so far, sophie". So far hasn't happened, I seem to be going in circles. My journal on here is pretty personal, but I really like having a community who supports me reading it. I do worry about it being linked to me in real life, especially when I talk about specifics of what I do, but try to tell myself that that fear is mostly unfounded (it's very hard to "recognize" someone online if you don't know what username/site to search for).

I have also written on blogs when I travel - really enjoy it and it's sort of my ambition to be able to write every day (to make myself make time for it) and then to do something with all those writings, but it's been hard for me to find time so far.

I have kept one on and off since I was 7 years old. I have written ones before the electronic age that I still have. I still presently have a paper one, no one reads it but me, it is very private that I talk about with no one.

I have had ones here on this site.

Yes, I've kept a journal pretty much since I was maybe 8-9 and still have them at home packed in nice boxes and they are sitting in a spare room. The journal here is mostly about food, fitness and pretty tame things about my life. I don't write things here that I wouldn't say in front of my family and friends in real life and I keep certain personal things in my actual handwritten journal. Since I live alone there isn't much chance of anyone actually reading it and those who have the key to my house wouldn't be snooping through my home to find what I might be writing.

Yes! Ever since I was 6.. I am 24 now. I only write in it 1-2 times a month though. I keep mine in a locked wooden box because my dumb sister always has to try to find it and read it. I write about whats going on in my life and how I am feeling. I'll also include stickers and drawings.

Writing is actually very good for you.

Archived